Why no landscape??

SQurel23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I thought one of the new features of Sense was for it to go in landscape...I still don't get why with a kickstand and multimedia dock, they don't incorporate landscape mode!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
if you are watching a video you will be able to get landscape, its just the home screens that dont go landscape,,,if you want your home screens landscape then try either ADW launcher or Launcher Pro.

there are other launchers aswell but those are the most popular

@Android 19 there really is no need to call him that

SQurel23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
if you are watching a video you will be able to get landscape, its just the home screens that dont go landscape,,,if you want your home screens landscape then try either ADW launcher or Launcher Pro.

there are other launchers aswell but those are the most popular

@Android 19 there really is no need to call him that

Yea I've used launcherpro quite a bit on my dinc and used a custom sense rom at one point. Just wish the home screens would rotate cause sense kinda grew on me.

And maybe if we ignore Android 19 he'll go away...

augusto

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
SQurel23, I was wondering the same. Doesn't make any sense why they don't support different orientations from the get go.

I have to say, the user experience on these Android devices is a bit of a mess.

dfox007

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Wait for some custom roms to come out. I'm sure that going to be one of the first changes. I came from an OG Droid using launcherpro, but after just a few days i really like the sense system. Some widgets and things don't work yet on launcherpro, maybe this will be fixed in time too.

Last edited:

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
that's too bad that sense isn't rotating into landscape mode. this is also causing issues with GoSMS which I suspect is looking for the home-launcher app to rotate. Since sense isn't rotating than go sms won't rotate either. it sucks because i want to type while in landscape mode.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty