Factory/Hard Reset?

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
The phone won't need to be reactivated, you'll just have to setup your screens and relog into your apps that's all. Once you open the market app it should start to download all your apps.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Nope they're all backed to Google. Once you log in your Google account they'll start to sync. FYI make sure to skip the backup assistant setup when you do your reset.

bstmstrxellos

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I did a factory reset on my OG Droid I always had to call up the number to reactivate the phone. I don't know if its different due to the sim card

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk

Dweber26

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Thank You, reason i ask is i just picked up the phone yesterday. Played with it all last night, had it on Wifi while at home, when i left the house this morning to head to work, it never connected to the network for data. I've tried soft reseting. But nothing seems to work.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
I did a factory reset to remove the backup assistant. If you're having issues with the network try dialing *228 and updating your roaming that usually helps.

mfancy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Damn it I did my factory reset and didn't disable back up assistant. If I don't will it continue to drain my battery?

PS..Since my factory reset, my battery has been much better. Used my phone for 3 straight hours last night playing games, checking twitter/facebook, and watching youtube vids and my battery only went down 40%. And so far today, after having it unplugged for almost 3 hours, I'm still ay 98%.

Mordecaidrake

Dec 24, 2009
Visit site
Before i factory reset, How do i make sure all my contacts are sync'd with Google.

Thank You again for all your help so far

Don't mention it! Settings > Accounts & sync > click on Google and hit Sync Now. Or if you have other accounts you want synced you can just hit Sync all on the front page of Accounts & sync.

Edit: If you want to be extra paranoid(usually a good idea) open your People app and hit Menu > Import/Export and hit Export to SD card. That'll give you a physical file to refer to if any issues arise with the sync.

J-Dam

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Does the SD card have to be removed when doing the factory reset, or can you just leave it in the phone? Same thing with SIM card?

Chilly818

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I did a factory reset to remove the backup assistant. If you're having issues with the network try dialing *228 and updating your roaming that usually helps.

would a factory reset help the battery life issues at all? this is what the verizon rep was trying to do to my cell since i was very upset witht he battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non