Would you give up your kickstand for 400mAh more battery?

Would you give up your kickstand for 400mAh more battery?

• Total voters

trjnberry

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I would think the kickstand serves the purpose to watch a movie or browse the web more than it does to be a nice charging purpose. Perhaps the HTC design team agreed, only they didn't think that the user may want to charge their phone while they are watching a movie. Seeing that you can put this HUGE battery on your phone (VZ's extended battery) and not have it interfere with the kickstand, I don't see how you couldn't have a bigger battery life AND the kickstand. Oh, but that would be efficient and wouldn't sell a lot of chargers and extended batteries. :p

I use the kickstand every day. I love it.

bdragon

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I use my kickstand more than I thought I would. I voted yes, but I don't think the kickstand would stop them from adding a bigger battery. It's about making money. They've sold a lot of extended batteries, which they could not have done if we were satisfied with the one it came with.

Reactions: SPD

GoldLeader

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I like using the kickstand when I'm watching a bunch of YouTube videos.
I also like to use it vertically while charging if I'm listening to internet radio or MP3s.

When I need more battery life, I just use the Extended Battery...

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Ok, question--why on earth do people watch videos on their phones anywhere but an airplane, bus, subway, etc..? If you want to watch youtube videos, watch it on your desktop, your laptop, your ipad, whatever.

INK

Banned
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, question--why on earth do people watch videos on their phones anywhere but an airplane, bus, subway, etc..? If you want to watch youtube videos, watch it on your desktop, your laptop, your ipad, whatever.
More convenient to pull out a phone to watch videos then carry a computer around there is nowhere a phone won't go. but with computers you have to sit at a desk or sit down with em and carry em in bags.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
More convenient to pull out a phone to watch videos then carry a computer around there is nowhere a phone won't go. but with computers you have to sit at a desk or sit down with em and carry em in bags.

Right, hence my stipulation of airplane, bus, etc.. but there, for the most part, a kickstand isn't going to be much use. But if I want to watch something in bed, I don't want to squint at my screen, I want my laptop.

RetiredJedi

Jul 13, 2010
jedi-soljah.iwarp.com
Right, hence my stipulation of airplane, bus, etc.. but there, for the most part, a kickstand isn't going to be much use. But if I want to watch something in bed, I don't want to squint at my screen, I want my laptop.

Dude are you having a hard time with it because people don't do it the way you do. My wife and I both sit around the house watching plenty of videos on our phones and I have two perfectly good laptops and a desktop right there in the house. It's just quicker to pull out my phone than it is to turn on any of the computers. Unless I already have the computer. To each his own I guess.

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Huh? I'm not usually watching videos on my phone, but I'm not taking my laptop to my bed just to be on here or Facebook. I go to my bedroom about an hour or so before I actually go to sleep and it's much easier to put away my phone when I'm done than it is to shut down my laptop.

Sent from my Thunderbolt

androidburn

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
HTC could have made a higher capacity battery if they wanted to. But they had an extended battery to sell you on launch day. It's pretty obvious that the kickstand had nothing to do with HTC's decision to reduce the capacity of the battery smaller than any other 4G phone ever launched.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty