Thinking of switching from Fascinate to TB....

rgm1266

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking about switching from the Samsung Fascinate to the TB. I'm tired of not receiving timely updates from (Samsung or Verizon), froyo (the official releaase), and etc. I look at all the other phones and manufactures, and they support their products and release fixes for their products.

Would you switch from the Fascinate to TB? Or would you wait for the release of more devices? I also thought about switching to the iphone4.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance.

Peace

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a Samsung device, but I have read about their update issues. I moved from a Droid Eris to the Thunderbolt and have not had any issues. I live at the edge of a 4G area and don't really have any issues with the 3G/4G conversion. However, I tend to use WiFi a good bit in the office and at home. The 4G is awesome when I'm in the coverage area. Screaming fast. I get regular speed test downloads of 15Mbs up to 24Mbs. Uploads usually run about 5Mbs. I could not be happier with my TB, and having a 32GB card with Froyo and apps2sd is good too. I don't think that you'll be disappointed.

There's also the issue of getting grandfathered into the unlimited plan before Verizon starts it tiered plans later in the Spring/Summer.

Pull the trigger. You won't regret it. ;)

P.S. Get the extended battery. It doesn't add too much heft to the phone (although cases are limited). I paid $37 from the Verizon store in my area. It's well worth the added time between charges.

Last edited:

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Yeah my wife has a Fascinate and I wish she could switch to the TB. She's always mumbling about issues. She's not real tech savy but having a TB, I know what she is missing and its well worth it to make the switch. IMO. This is a TB forum, so I'm guessing most will say "yeah switch!". The big questions is: what do you use your phone for now? What do you wish it could do? And if all those things are covered by the TB, then why not switch? There will always be something "on the horizon". But I couldn't be happier I got it on day one. To me, the simple fact that it was HTC (which my friends that owned the Incredible were happy with), it had a front facing camera, it had a lot of memory and space, it had a big screen (which the iphone didn't) and I use free google navigation all the time (which iphone doesn't have) lead me to my personal decision of getting this phone.

I'd say get it. Get the extended battery. And don't look back. At least not for the next 20 months :)

MojaveHigh

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
There will always be something new coming out next month, no way to ever get around that. I think the TB is the best bang for your buck right now. It's not big buzzword dual-core, but it's plenty fast, has a great big screen, HTC Sense is spectacular and with tweaks and now that I've stopped checking my battery life every 5 minutes, my battery life is actually decent. 12+ hours on a charge. AND that is with me using a GPS logger app a few hours every day, which logs points every 2 seconds.

As for the iPhone 4... don't bother. If you really want an iPhone, I *would* wait the extra few months (5-6) and get an iPhone 5.

rgm1266

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's advice. There are pros and negatives about every phone, but from what I've read, HTC puts out a great product and stands behind it. I think I'm going to get the TB this weekend.

Thanks and peace...

Puterguru

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for everyone's advice. There are pros and negatives about every phone, but from what I've read, HTC puts out a great product and stands behind it. I think I'm going to get the TB this weekend.

Thanks and peace...

My wife and I both came from Fascinates to TBolt's. Could not be happier.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Best decision I ever made. There really is no reason to deal with the crap that is Samsung. Not even the screen is worth it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89