My Verizon | Support | Device - shows Droid Incredible rather than TBolt?

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on hold with VZW right now, but... does anyone else's My Verizon page do this? (per subject) I've never had an Incredible on my account, ever. My Verizon does show the TBolt correctly on my initial logon screen.

-Frank

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Off the phone with support now. I found out it is a browser compatibility issue (while waiting on hold). Didn't really want to waste more time on hold.

I have the latest version of three browsers installed - IE9, Safari 5 and Chrome 11 (just updated them all today in pursuit of this issue).

Anyway, all of the browsers have trouble with that page. Everything from not showing the flash picture to not allowing you to select the "Change Device" link (which is required if you don't have the correct device listed).

Since it's a browser/website issue, I didn't feel like pursuing it any further. With enough dinking around and/or using compatibility mode in IE you can finally get the default support device page changed. But you have to do it in each browser. Weird. Clearly there are some issues with this page in the My Verizon website (big surprise) :)

-Frank

bjboucher

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
When I go to the device support section it tells me "Phone not selected" and the link to select a phone right next to that does nothing. I'm using IE9. VZW's website has always seems slow and crappy to me.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
When I go to the device support section it tells me "Phone not selected" and the link to select a phone right next to that does nothing. I'm using IE9. VZW's website has always seems slow and crappy to me.
With IE9 you have to select Compatibility View, then you should be able to change the device. There are still some lesser issues after that, but you'll have the right device anyway.

-Frank

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non