Several reboots this morning - anyone else?

jerobi

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Just curious. One of the techs had me swap in a new SIM card for my sporadic 4G issues on Monday so this may or may not be related.

I'm a bit more curious that maybe I was sent a stealth firmware update.

My phone rebooted at midnight last night as I was using it. It also randomly rebooted four times on my commute - once during a text message, once during GChat, etc. I'm hoping this isn't a new trend for my phone.

Anyone else having new, random reboots today?

Xharakov

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I've had less than a handful of random reboots since purchase, the most recent was yesterday morning. It changed my PRL version back to 15011, when it had been 1 for the past few days after another random reboot :confused:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Had my Thunderbolt plugged into my computer this morning and noticed that it rebooted because my computer made that sound that you get whenever you plug in the USB device. Don't know why it did that and my PRL is still at 15008.

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Uh oh.. this doesn't bode well... mine ALSO rebooted randomly.

It begins yesterday during daytime and it has been happening 2 times now.

First it was battery issue, now random reboots?! WTH HTC?!

bosscib

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't have 4G where I live, but I was in DC Wed and Thur for work and mine was rebooting frequently both days. Back to 3G today and no reboots. I called support and they told me to try a factory wipe and if that didn't work try a replacement - I don't think either solution is going to solve the problem.

anon(220176)

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Now that I think about: I got my Thunderbolt about 1 month ago, NEVER had reboots. 4G network went down..what... last week? Now I got random reboots.

I haven't been installing any apps that have system-level capability, such as Task Killer or anything like that. All I install is games and other Office-like application, such as Memento. I don't believe its these apps that causes the reboots.

MyMeth

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
mine is weird it reboots after several minutes everytime i checked the battery status...anyone knows what wrong?

jerobi

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Looks like I guessed right after all.

HTC Thunderbolt Users Experiencing Random Reboots After Update - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

How?s everyone doing after receiving the HTC Thunderbolt update that went live yesterday? All good? Not good? Experiencing random reboots? We?re not surprised at all. This same update was leaked out a few weeks ago and gave users the exact same problem. In fact, our buddy Justin Case has been tweeting about it since day one and we were hoping was the reason that it was initially delayed. I guess we hoped wrong.

Reactions: Chrisy

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You can tell it's rebooted by checking the Recent App switcher. If no apps are showing, it rebooted.

You can also check through the battery status.

cadzilla74

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Got the update yesterday. Today, for the first time since I've owned it, the phone powered off! Not a reboot, completely shut down with 73% battery left. <sigh>

jasonsil

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Rebbots driving me crazy

I have had at least a dozen since update yesterday morning.

Prior to that I have had phone since day it came available with next to none.

ALL I REALLY WANT IS THE UPDATE TO FIX THE WAY IT HANDLES TWO CALLS. AND MAYBE BETTER BATTERY LIFE
:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty