Faulty pixel 8 pro

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
l received my new pixel 8 pro from Vodafone in Ireland on Monday. Returning it tomorrow for a replacement. Since day 1 the phone had been randomly rebooting, screen freezing and getting very warm. The network is swapping it for a fresh device. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the replacement. Some people are saying the 200mb update after launch might be bricking some devices .

Anyone else having this issue?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
l received my new pixel 8 pro from Vodafone in Ireland on Monday. Returning it tomorrow for a replacement. Since day 1 the phone had been randomly rebooting, screen freezing and getting very warm. The network is swapping it for a fresh device. Hopefully I'll have better luck with the replacement. Some people are saying the 200mb update after launch might be bricking some devices .

Anyone else having this issue?
Yes, I just went through this issue. Posted about it in another thread here. My phone gave me nothing but problems from the moment it was turned on and started the transfer process. Flickering screen, random reboots and battery dying in 5 hours.

Ended up doing an RMA and getting my new phone yesterday. New phone is working perfectly as it should be.

Reactions: jcdub and ezdoit

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I just went through this issue. Posted about it in another thread here. My phone gave me nothing but problems from the moment it was turned on and started the transfer process. Flickering screen, random reboots and battery dying in 5 hours.

Ended up doing an RMA and getting my new phone yesterday. New phone is working perfectly as it should be.
Great to hear. Hopefully I'll have similar luck.
I had an issue with my initial order. I ordered the bay colour. But the order cancelled from Vodafone end. Again I got to order (5 hours) due to my upgrade not reappearing on this website. Only black was available. I settled for that. Now I have an opportunity to exchange it. The shop gave me a choice of colours. I'm going for bay. Although I still like white lol

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
How disappointing to wait for your shiny new phone and it is broken!! I had that with a refurbished (2nd hand) iPhone in February. I returned it for a refund and ordered from Apple directly. But the disappointment was palpable. I wish you luck with your replacement.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000