Gmail acct

Hawk11nw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Ive googled and Binged and cant seem to find an answer to this. Is a GMail acct required to use the Thunderbolt? I understand you need one for the market etc. Thanks much.

Hawk11nw

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
OK Im not sure if i should start another topic or not but it coincides with the original question.

My VP loved the phone so much he ordered one for himself and another dept head. The problem is we want to be able to control what they download from the market.

so that being said, can you have more than 1 phone attached to the same gmail acct? This way we would only need 1 acct to use for purchasing of software etc for the corporate Tbolts.

RichardClark stated that you dont have to use a gmail as your primary, so we could use the individuals corp email acct as primary?

Thanks in advance!

xeon711

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
You do not need a Google account to use the ThunderBolt phone. However if you want to access Market Place etc you will be required to have a Google account. I deployed a few test ThunderBolts in my corporation without Google accounts and they worked just fine for what we need them for (Exchange Mail, Internet, attachments etc...).

Reactions: Hawk11nw

RkyMtnHigh

Banned
Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea...no you DON'T have to have a google account. Our test bolts ran through everyone and none of us loaded our Google info. But, we couldn't go to the market for apps either. I bet you could use the amazon market though!