Cannot copy music from pc to phone - not an iTunes issue.

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi there, I have a bunch of music that I've both purchased via iTunes and that I've ripped from my own cd's. I'm trying to move these music files to my Thunderbolt but the vast majority of them (not the ones from iTunes, they seemed to move over to the phone fine I think?) will not copy - get a message that the file has properties that can't be copied to the new location. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the fact that I originally used iTunes to put the music on my pc, then copied those files over to my new laptop (without using iTunes) and am now trying to copy and paste them to the phone? I've spent what feels like hours trying to figure this out but none of the stuff I find seems to fit my situation. Can anyone please help? I am completely dreading having to rip all these cd's again..please don't tell me I have to do that... And I'm new to this whole Android thing so please be gentle!

Thank you so much..

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
If they are mp3s, there should be no problem. They way I transfer my music is I plug the tbolt in, open folder, (like a mass storage device), copy and paste mp3 files to my SD card labeled music. (It could be any folder). All files went through fine, and they are all in my itunes as well. I have one song that I had a problem with and it gave me an error about some properties cannot be transferred over, but it asks me if I want to continue, which I did and it worked.

SweetSaudade

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
They are .m4a files.. does that make a difference? And that's what I did too, I connected the phone as another drive and copied the files over.

Thanks for your reply!

h2opoloplyr_11

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I am not entirely sure about this answer, but I'm guessing its the way that m4a is encoded that won't let it transfer to the tbolt. I'm guessing its security....

So maybe converting those to mp3 maybe would help?? I'm sure there's plenty of free software at CNET to convert audio files. It's a lot easier than ripping the cds again as mp3 format.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer