Voicemail notification will not go away unless...

echotodd

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I've been patient with this but I stayed up too late late last night playing Hex Defense and now I'm on a tear. When I miss a call and someone leaves me a voicemail I get a notification. So far pretty normal. I press the notification (*86), listen to my voicemail, delete it, and....I still have the notification. I have to go to the phone keypad, long press on 1, go to voicemail and the notification will go away after I hang up. I've tried long pressing 1 first but then I just have to go to the *86 menu. Why do I have to go through both? Any idea what the h,e, double hockey sticks is going on here?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Okay, I've been patient with this but I stayed up too late late last night playing Hex Defense and now I'm on a tear. When I miss a call and someone leaves me a voicemail I get a notification. So far pretty normal. I press the notification (*86), listen to my voicemail, delete it, and....I still have the notification. I have to go to the phone keypad, long press on 1, go to voicemail and the notification will go away after I hang up. I've tried long pressing 1 first but then I just have to go to the *86 menu. Why do I have to go through both? Any idea what the h,e, double hockey sticks is going on here?

after you delete the message, i assume you're just hitting 'End Call' on the screen---have you tried waiting for the prompts by the automated voice-woman to end the call? perhaps the phone still shows 1 unheard voicemail b/c you're not allowing the voicemail system time to clear the message from the indicator?

Reactions: echotodd

echotodd

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
sweet jesus! I came over from US Cellular and an HTC Desire, there was no "press *" over there! I've been just hanging up since March 17! That's been my only issue with the phone, knock on wood! Thanks!

glje

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen to me for the first time last week. Do this, go to:
Settings
Call
Beneath Voicemail service, Clear voicemail notification

I'm not sure why it wouldn't go away on its own as I tried going in/out of my voicemail several times and there were no saved messages. But, this did the trick.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Just in case Google Voice might play a part in your dilemma...

---------
Okay...if you haven't figured this out already: you have to dial *73 to cancel the call forwarding to Google voice you initially setup by dialing *71 followed by your cell number (but don't do his now!). After you do that, you can access your VZW voicemail normally by dialing *86.
---------

If not, just ignore :)

-Frank

Reactions: willymakit

DanSan

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I had that happen to me for the first time last week. Do this, go to:
Settings
Call
Beneath Voicemail service, Clear voicemail notification

I'm not sure why it wouldn't go away on its own as I tried going in/out of my voicemail several times and there were no saved messages. But, this did the trick.

haha yea, i figured that out AFTER i deleted all my voicemails and AFTER i signed up for google voicemail.. lol

i was using YouMail but that app is so buggy sometimes..

DMBMARKT

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Here's a question. On the VM icon it never pops up a little balloon with how many voice mails I have waiting. It does it on the text or email icons, but not for voice mail. When you look at promotional pictures of Thunderbolts and things like that in ads and things, it always shows it with a bubble and a notification of how many VMs they have. Any ideas?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89