4G problems in Southern California

sandslayer

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
hey all, i wanted to get some feedback from other thunderbold users here in SoCal. Ive had constant 4G issues with my GPS (even after update, won't connect to GPS on 4G within a couple minutes, I toggle to 3G connects quicker), and issues browsing the net. often times when on 4G the load bar will slow to a crawl and just won't load a page, if i switch to 3G it makes pretty quick work of it. sometimes 4G works fine but most the time it'll slow to a crawl then i'll have to maually toggle to 3G, anyone have any simular issues???

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
I am in Los Angeles county and 4G has been very lousy/slow for the past 30 hours or so. My sister called me, who lives up north and works for VZW and asked me if mine was working because they had an outage up there. It has been going back and forth from 4G to 3G a lot and many times saying I have 4G but it doing nothing.

meballard

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
With an occasional reset in GPS Status, it hasn't been much of an issue.

I have been having a 4G issue. Occasionally it'll go into a mode where the Up arrow is continuously lit, but nothing is coming down. Have you seen the same thing when you see the slowness?

If so, I kind of feel better knowing it's not just me...

mlpjunior

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I'm not too far away in Vegas, and my 4G has been absolute garbage for the last week or so. I've been attempting to connect using 4G a few times a day, and I don't get anything. I even try toggling airplane mode on and back off, to no avail. I'm getting extremely agitated, to the point where I want to just get a Droid X2 or wait for the Galaxy S II. Too bad I bought this phone on launch day.

richardpandy

Feb 26, 2010
Visit site
With an occasional reset in GPS Status, it hasn't been much of an issue.

I have been having a 4G issue. Occasionally it'll go into a mode where the Up arrow is continuously lit, but nothing is coming down. Have you seen the same thing when you see the slowness?

If so, I kind of feel better knowing it's not just me...

That is exactly what happens. The up arrow will be lit but nothing will be coming down. When that happens I can't use the internet at all, and it has been happening a lot lately.

lmf67

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm in L.A. and have been having the same issue the last few days. I thought it was my phone. I restarted it and that didn't help. I took the battery out and restarted it, and that didn't help. At least now I know I'm not alone!

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am in Los Angeles county and 4G has been very lousy/slow for the past 30 hours or so. My sister called me, who lives up north and works for VZW and asked me if mine was working because they had an outage up there. It has been going back and forth from 4G to 3G a lot and many times saying I have 4G but it doing nothing.

been having the same problem that you guys have reported here. called cs to try to troubleshoot, they said no problems with CA other than Barstow. though mine has been getting worse for the past few days. today, i'd have to restart 2 or 3 times just to get internet running (1 restart alone did not work). was too frustrated about it and they decided to send me a replacement phone.

OC Nut

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I have had 4G problems in OC the last two days. Sometimes, 4G shows up in the indicator bar, but no data comes down the pipes. Occasional backing into 3G or 1X or nothing at all, and resulting in a run on my battery. At times I was getting 2Mpbs down (where I usually get 5-6) and 45kbps up!!! However, I am not sure if there is no signal or if the signal is just weaker than usual, since I had no problem pulling 20Mpbs down at a local Starbucks in the afternoon.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Experiencing the same thing this morning in Rochester, New York. Either 1X or nothing at all when in CDMA/LTE dual mode...

Another eHRPD problem?

obidos

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
no problems for me in OC this morning. In fact, my weather updated when I got to work to the correct location. I usually have to force update.

stock everything. non-OTA updated.

dflores

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I'm in OC and was having issues the past few days. Tired of the issues and returned my phone. Verizon's 3G is slow and their LTE is unstable. At this rate, I'll never fully switch away from AT&T.

far_star

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Socal Area, Redondo Beach reporting.

Had problems all day yesterday. Multiple reboot didn't help. CS had me do a live battery pull. That seemed to do it. GPS was still problematic for a bit but when I manually killed the Speed Test app GPS went back to normal.

Also Speed Test was using 100% of the CPU. I was still losing battery while plugged in. Once I killed Speed Test things settled down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa