Screen Protecter or No Screen Protecter

Do you use a screeen protecter?

• Total voters

anon(3653)

Nov 19, 2009
Visit site
I hate screen protectors and have never used them for any of my Palms or idevices or even my Droid, but I gave in with the Thunderbolt. So far it is OK but am not completely satisfied.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.

Dbow32

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I guess I am one of 'those' people. If the screen had even the smallest scratch, it would bug me every time I looked at the screen. Even if I had to spend a couple of minutes looking for the scratch, it would annoy me,
Better for me to spend money on a throw away protector.

I'm the exact same way.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

w00tw00twhat

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had I zagg, cuz I was in best buy and figured why not sense I was there and didn't have to wait for one online. My brand of choice is bodyguardz tho when I use one because out of all I've used they were the smoothest with less orange peel feeling. My zagg peeled off so now I've decided the feel of the screen is way nicer, especially when using swype. My phone gets it's on pocket as well and am the utmost carefull with it.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm not using a screen protector right now but I do prefer one. The only reason I don't have one on my screen is because I got lint on them. Sucks.

tcr04

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
nothing and i've actually dropped my phone 2 days into owning it. I dropped it at Target and every part of the phone (battery, cover, phone) went every which way, it didn't have a single scratch, ding, nothing. As in, nothing at all. It still looks as new as when I got it. No screen protector or phone case

Bakerboy2253

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I have what every is the branded ?VZW screen protector? when I was purchasing the TB. Now looking at the SGP Ultra Oleophobic. I hate the finger prints all over the screen. Switched from a BB to the TB has been an easy challenge, but the finger prints drive me crazy! SGP seems to have great reviews.

flyerchas

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes I do

I use a Stenheil Ultra Crystal screen protector. But, as I do not access to a NASA clean room, how do you prevent any lint from getting between the screen and the protector?

Flexia

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I went one week with out a protector and got a few scratches on it. And I'm careful with it. I dont see how its gorilla glass if it scratches that easy. I had my incredible for a year with no protection and doesn't have a scratch on the screen

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I use a Stenheil Ultra Crystal screen protector. But, as I do not access to a NASA clean room, how do you prevent any lint from getting between the screen and the protector?

Go to your bathroom. Door closed, fans off. Run the shower on hot to create some steam. While that steams the room, wash the sink top. Use only cotton towels, no paper. Clean the screen. Work on top of a damp towel. Apply the protector.

The steam kills the static and lets the lint settle down instead of sticking to everything.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Naked. The main interface for a touch screen phone is in fact the screen. Nothing feels better under my thumb than a naked HTC screen. My TBolt gets it's own pocket, so between that and the fact gorrila glass is really hard to scratch...

Exactly! No screen protector, gets its own pocket and I use the Sedio Active Extended case. If I did use a screen protector, it would be invisashield though.

Sent from my Thunderbolt 4G LTE using Tapatalk

soccerfon711

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Screen protectors impair the screen brightness and make it harder to see in the sun. No thanks. My phone is completely naked and I treat it like gold.

dms76

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Go to your bathroom. Door closed, fans off. Run the shower on hot to create some steam. While that steams the room, wash the sink top. Use only cotton towels, no paper. Clean the screen. Work on top of a damp towel. Apply the protector.

The steam kills the static and lets the lint settle down instead of sticking to everything.

Easier to buy lens cleaning pack at Walmart.

jackmei2

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

I'm using the oleophobic one and it came with about 6 stickers to use if you do get a piece of lint on the wrong side of the screen protector. it did take me both screen protectors to get it on right, but it looks great right now. can't even tell I have it on there.

make sure you clean the desk you are using, and the phone and then try to install it. the best advice I got was to peel part of the protector off and stick it from top to bottom or vice versa while you are peeling the protector off.

itstheAtomBomb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had Zagg on all of my Touchscreen Devices, and I wouldn't have it any other way. $15 for a shield is nothing when you get free lifetime replacements as often as you would like. You get so used to the texture that another phone feels strange without a protector on it. I have scratched the shields pretty bad in the past, but never a mark on the phone. Fingerprints don't show up on my Zagg very often either, and when they do, a little bit of the application solution takes it right off.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Had my Tb for less than a week and got scratches all over it. i thought this was supposed to be gorrila glass so never bothered to buy a screen saver. I had my Eris for 2 years and have actually thrown it against the floor and wall many times (LAG LAG LAG)...not one scratch on the face.

I started getting random reboots on the TB...called CService and had them send me a "new one". While it was coming I had already ordered the SGP Steinheil Ultra Crystal sreen saver. So both came in the same day...My screen on the "new phone" has never been unprotected. Love the SGP.....I can't tell it's there.

But why would goriila glass list the TB as having the GG? It obviously does not, or it is a softer glass than the eris.

jas o

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Cheap protection. Couldn't imagine being without it. Anything that has a "view screen" automatically gets one.

MGoBlue

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I use a SGP Ultra Fine screen protector. I get super annoyed by fingerprints so this prevents me from wiping my phone every time I touch the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87