KitKat quick impression - plain white notification icons

TheSkipperCDB

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
While I wasn't overly crazy about the light-blue used before I did get used to it. But with the KitKat update the system notification icons are now just plain white - which seems like a step backwards. Could it be more boring?? I don't need flashy, but a little color would be nice!

Is the plain white system notification icons a KitKat thing or an LG thing?

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
While I wasn't overly crazy about the light-blue used before I did get used to it. But with the KitKat update the system notification icons are now just plain white - which seems like a step backwards. Could it be more boring?? I don't need flashy, but a little color would be nice!

Is the plain white system notification icons a KitKat thing or an LG thing?

Its per google. Its a requirement from kit Kat onward that the notification bar icons be white.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Now that I'm used to the white icons, I actually like them better than colored ones. What's really annoying is that Verizon has kept some elements of the notification shade Holo blue, instead of fully adopting the white theme. And BTW, I'm not sure what the RGB value is for this, but it's actually slightly gray, and not 255-255-255 white.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

bprushik

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Actually what's annoying to me is the blue on the notification shade "Notifications" doesn't match the blue on the toggles above it. You think they could have at least matched them.

Sent from my VS980 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty