Latest update Fails

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
So I have downloaded the latest (January 2015) LG G2 VS980 update and the update keeps failing. I get an error code "ERR: 0X1117008". Phone is rooted with towel root and running stock ROM. NO apps are frozen.

Any ideas?

David

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry forgot to update. I was able to install the update by using the LG Update tool by connecting the phone to my laptop and running it that way. All is working good now.

Just rooted, no custom recovery, no custom ROM.

David

dru85

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
After downloading lg g2 update, cant access phone, receive boot certification verify msg, I factory reset, still receiving msg when trying to turn on phone

ra250

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey, I'm facing same issue.. can you let me know how and where can i download lg update tool? I have also rooted my phone but not done anything so far. pls help

TNCattleDog

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
if you are rooted but, still using the stock rom that came loaded on your phone the tool should automatically launch when you connect your phone to your computer via the USB cord.

David

LGG2droid

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Verizon Lollipop (Android 5.0) Latest update Fails

Phone: LG G2
I attempted Android ver. 5 (lollipop) from Verizon today. It is a 2 part upgrade. Part 1 seemed to work. Part 2 did not. I see my same And ver 4.4.2 is still there In About Phone, Software Info., VS98028A is also still there. It should be VS98039A I believe. Also, when I go to Settings, General, System Updates it gives the error message: "Unfortunately, Settings has Stopped" and will not allow me to update any software. The phone is functional but is locked in this configuration. Does anyone know how to get this Verizon update to work?

thanks for any suggestions

Last edited:

senior_chupon

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Sorry forgot to update. I was able to install the update by using the LG Update tool by connecting the phone to my laptop and running it that way. All is working good now.

Just rooted, no custom recovery, no custom ROM.

David

Just thought I'd say for anyone finding this thread later on, this worked for me. After trying the OTA updates for months and failing I went this route and finally updated to 5.0.2