new to android...just got a revolution

angman619

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
hey can someone please help me with what to get for my revo like apps or what to get rid of what what makes the battery last longer> i am coming from a tour and also new to this site i was over at crackberry thanks

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The battery is pretty good as it is, but I use JuiceDefender anyway. On the default settings and it significantly increases battery life. That's one app anyway!

For apps, get all the Google apps first. That includes, Maps and Search widget. Delete Bing from the homescreen and drop in the Google Search widget. (Bing is still on the phone, but just not in your face!)

Other apps I like:
Tweetdeck
Amazon AppStore
AppBrain
Nook/Kindle/Google Books
(Screen is great to read on!)
Chrome to Phone
ChromeMarks
Dropbox
Swiftkey keyboard,
(best keyboard prediction I've found)
Poweramp/Mixzing/Doubletwist (Pick one of these, they are the best 3 audio players I found on Android IMHO, but there are others if you search the market.)
Touchdown for Exchange, (all the stock Android email apps are crappy at handling Exchange email they can do it, but you have to constantly switch between folders to see your mail. This $20 app gives you a much more "Blackberry-like" experience.)

On AppBrain you can view what apps others have on their phones. It can sometimes be a useful feature.

That should get you started! :D