How amazing is the Note 3?

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll say a 10x 10 also, I have had a few strange things happen with the phone but nothing any different than what I have had with my other Samsung phones. Strange lock up's and restarts but I get those on all of my devises ocasionaly, even my old Samsung 10.1 tablet. I just put up, with it. Other than that I have had no problems with my Note 3, I can even print from it. I love all of the things it can do & I'm still learning.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

i've never had one lock up or restart....rogue app maybe.....honestly never had much problem with my note 2 or S3 either....i'm starting to think since i don't tend to have a ton of apps on my phones that maybe i avoid some issues i might otherwise encounter. not that i'm advocating no apps, i just think being careful is in order and trying to correlate an issue with the addition of a new app....just a thought

GANote3

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
Because I have already did 2 factory resets per Samsung and Verizon and Verizon is wanting me to do another before we can proceed. And after resetting it takes me at least a week to get everything just how I want. I would have been fine if after the second reset they would have swapped but no they want to try something else now.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

pre1561

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
i've never had one lock up or restart....rogue app maybe.....honestly never had much problem with my note 2 or S3 either....i'm starting to think since i don't tend to have a ton of apps on my phones that maybe i avoid some issues i might otherwise encounter. not that i'm advocating no apps, i just think being careful is in order and trying to correlate an issue with the addition of a new app....just a thought

That could be part of the problem, I know I have at least one game that is ad ware but I like the game. My anti virus soft doesn't flag it so I guess it's ok.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
That could be part of the problem, I know I have at least one game that is ad ware but I like the game. My anti virus soft doesn't flag it so I guess it's ok.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

not sure i would trust the anti virus completely.....doesn't necessarily mean that the game won't screw with the phone in indirect ways like the locking up just that its not maliciously worming into your system....i don't know. I'd take the game off and see if your problems clear up, if they do then you know for sure its the game and can decide if the game is worth it....if not the game then your back to figuring out what is causing the problem.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just did the Edge upgrade, from the Note 2. I can definitely see the difference in the screens, time will tell if this will be my new love - my Note 2 was pretty kick *** for my needs.

Posted via Android Central App

oldhifi

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I sold my iPhone 5 to get the Note 3 and never looking back, this is a great phone/tablet..I have all my iTunes music on it..

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Came from the OD RAZR.

Pretty darn amazing.

Pros or advantages over the RAZR (short list) - easy access to recent actions and apps through double-bump of the home key. The screen! Far better camera. S-Pen actually useful - scrapbook is great, sketch and screen draw is fun, S-Search a great idea, and handwriting comments and such it's really fun. The battery - replaceable and longer-lasting. The news/compiler Flip thingy is neat. Haven't used multi-taking and split screen much but can see how it might be useful in the future.

Con - they should rethink the volume key/zoom function with the camera. Where it is now positioned, if you take a landscape shot, it's right where you put your thumb on the bottom of the case if you are holding the phone with your left hand and hitting the shutter with your right hand. Causes unnecessary zooming, which is great if you are doing Wayne's World.

All in all, very well thought out, relatively intuitive and when it's not, help is available. Very powerful, lightning fast, and, so far, the radio is on par with the Moto, which surprised the heck out of me (I was worried about that).

souleem

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I dropped my Thunderbolt on concrete pavement when the termperature was about 12 degrees and it just shattered. Since the Thunderbolt was nearly three years old and the Galaxy Note 3 has received such high review ratings, I bought a Note 3 yesterday. I paid the full $699.99 retail price, mainly to keep the unlimited data plan, and set up all night working out various issues.

In my opinion, compared to the Thunderbolt (although it too had lots of issues in the beginning), I find the Note 3 to be totally unamazing, in fact, I will say it is and overexpensive piece of crap, which will be returned to the Verizon store either tomorrow or on Monday. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alma

bryonp

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
I like the phone I'd give an solid 8 but honestly if I could do it over again I just would have kept my note 2 I don't think it was worth the money to upgrade just my 2 cents

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my Thunderbolt on concrete pavement when the termperature was about 12 degrees and it just shattered. Since the Thunderbolt was nearly three years old and the Galaxy Note 3 has received such high review ratings, I bought a Note 3 yesterday. I paid the full $699.99 retail price, mainly to keep the unlimited data plan, and set up all night working out various issues.

In my opinion, compared to the Thunderbolt (although it too had lots of issues in the beginning), I find the Note 3 to be totally unamazing, in fact, I will say it is and overexpensive piece of crap, which will be returned to the Verizon store either tomorrow or on Monday. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Alma

You've only had it for a day?!? Why are you returning it?? What problems do you have?? Most people think the phone is pretty flawless including myself. My only worry was size coming from the GNex.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking the same thing. Maybe she had needs that weren't compatible with the phone. But still, it only took me about 10 minutes to see what an advance in thinking and operation it was over the RAZR, and I have a co-worker that went from the Thunderbolt and said that there was no comparison. Neither one of us is a Samsung guy either (until now, I guess).

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

Alma

Maybe you're just upset because the Note 3 makes no Sense.

anon24860

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Another of my Smartphone-savvy Co-workers has a new Droid X, or whatever it's called and is really happy with it. Says it's really fast and snappy. That was my second choice and I seriously considered it, especially because it was a lot cheaper. I'm glad I didn't though. Maybe she should consider that one.

souleem

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
I have unsuccessfully tried to "reply with quote" to ki11ak3nn;3320633, so I am just typing it here:

You've only had it for a day?!? Why are you returning it?? What problems do you have?? Most people think the phone is pretty flawless including myself. My only worry was size coming from the GNex.

Sent from my Black on Black Verizon Note 3

This Note 3 does not work well as a phone:

1. At work, in Chicago, where I usually got 3 or 4 bars on my Thunderbolt, I got no bars or only 1 bar on the Note 3.
  2. At home, in Indiana, it is worse: my sister lives next door to me and every call has been terminated prematurely.
  3. My mom lives a five-minute drive from me and I cannot talk to her at all on the Note 3. The calls terminate almost immediately after connecting, if they connect at all.

All of the gizmo/gadget apps are great, but reliable phone service is most critical.

I thought it might be just this particular Note 3, but I found many reviews with others having similar problems with Note 3 phone calls.

I hoped the upgrade would fix the problem, but it did not help.

Alma

hcane466

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
This device is saving my eye sight=no more headaches= perfect for me...The only negative is the spell checker..have to manually correct it on simple works...for instance when I first used it and tried to write wifi it would keep changing it to wife...thought that was really stupid and also had to manually ad words it wouldn't allow...that was just too puritanical for my liking...Samsung needs to grow up and get real

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer