Lollipop for Note 3 soon

chuckr01

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That's what I heard. Jan. Feb. May?
Don't get took excited about Lollipop and wait until you find that an update is stable before you jump in. The 5.0 update on my Nexus 7 was a major pain and the 5.0.2 update finally made it better. My Note 3 is working fine now after the last update with 4.4.4 and the last update fixed battery issues, so I am happy, leave it be.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not caring about Lollipoop at all. I want it to perform as good or better than Kit Kat does now. That's all I ask. ...otherwise, they can keep it...forever.

SweetWater56

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
First 4.4.4 fixed all my issues on my Note, 2nd 4.4.4 update completely screwed it up and am now dealing with the same issues I had pre 4.4.4. Bring on 5.0.1 or 5.0.2

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
How do you do that?
On a Samsung phone:

1. Turn the power off.
2. Press the volume up+home+power keys until you feel the phone vibrate.
3. Release the power and home keys but continue to press the volume up key until you enter the Recovery menu.
4. Use the volume up or down keys to navigate and the power key to select the 'wipe cache partition option.
5. Select 'Reboot' when done.

from the Note Edge📱

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Don't get excited. The 5.0 upgrade has been a horrible experience on my S5.
I told my wife, if you get a pop up on your Note 3 taking about an upgrade, press no way in hell, lol.

Posted via the Android Central App
I've had Lollipop on my G3 since the day I got it a week and a half ago. It's been perfectly fine but also absolutely nothing whatsoever to feel anxious or excited about. I just don't understand why some are so anxious to get it. TBH, I don't really care for the new notification pull-down.

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒

terryb99

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I've had Lollipop on my G3 since the day I got it a week and a half ago. It's been perfectly fine but also absolutely nothing whatsoever to feel anxious or excited about. I just don't understand why some are so anxious to get it. TBH, I don't really care for the new notification pull-down.

??????from the Note 4✒ ??????

I think the difference being, new install, vs all us poor saps upgrading from 4.4, lol

terryb99

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒

I think the difference being, new install, vs all us poor saps upgrading from 4.4, lol

LiveFaith

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
This is my question. Does this 5+ update really have any productivity value? I honestly cannot see it.

I have 4.4.4 on my Note 3 VZW and it is flawless in my usage. Notifications and multitask are no more intuitive, if even equal IMO. Not seeing a real reason to leave the KNOWN for the UNKNOWN when the update comes available.