My Magazine

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Any way to disable or delete this thing? I strongly dislike it!

So funny...I was just posting on the S6 Forums today wondering how I can get it back after I started using the Nova launcher! ;) I actually really like it - it's super slick (to me). Anyway, I know one way is to just use a different launcher (Nova, Apex, Google, etc.).

smhism

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I turned off Flipboard, and now My Magazine doesn't open when I accidentally press the home key too many times or swipe up.

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
From the home screen press the menu (left of the home key button) home screen settings and deselect the my magazine option. For me it completely eliminated the accidental swipe up triggering the one app I never use, my magazine.

Its actually harder than it appears. I make it look easy.

Justin Blake3

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
kctony u are my hero i just got my new phone last week and my magazine has been bugging the crap out of me cuz i keep accidently swipping to the left but i followed ur directions and turned it off bye bye!!

DLCPhototography

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
From the home screen press the menu (left of the home key button) home screen settings and deselect the my magazine option. For me it completely eliminated the accidental swipe up triggering the one app I never use, my magazine.

I'm on 4.4.4 (update waiting, being ignored for now, as my phone is working wonderfully now), and when I hit the menu button, there is no 'my magazine' option there. Is this only on 5.0? I'm fully stock, stock launcher, etc.

I would also like to get rid of the accidental activation of 'my magazine.'

Bruce39

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
The only way that I know is to use a different launcher. I had the same issue with 4.4.4, went away when I started using Nova launcher

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm on 4.4.4 (update waiting, being ignored for now, as my phone is working wonderfully now), and when I hit the menu button, there is no 'my magazine' option there. Is this only on 5.0? I'm fully stock, stock launcher, etc.

I would also like to get rid of the accidental activation of 'my magazine.'

Yes, I didn't have this option on 4.+. I believe it was baked into 5.0

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
kctony u are my hero i just got my new phone last week and my magazine has been bugging the crap out of me cuz i keep accidently swipping to the left but i followed ur directions and turned it off bye bye!!

Glad to help. That's the beauty of these forums, enthusiast helping enthusiasts.

kt081801

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site

thanks for this....I've been wanting to get rid of that darn app 4ever! I kept accidentally hitting the key and opening that app and now....no more, yay!! Thank you :)

mwb1957

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site

Thank you.
I did as you directed and got rid of My Magazine.
This had been irritating me since I first got my Note.

Posted via Android Central App from my Rose Gold Samsung Galaxy Note 3

kctony

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Thank you.
I did as you directed and got rid of My Magazine.
This had been irritating me since I first got my Note.

Posted via Android Central App from my Rose Gold Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Glad to help