Switched carriers now N3 unbelievably laggy

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what to make of this but I ended my service with VZWand took my N3 to T Mobile. For some reason, my phone went to pot, once I did so. Now it inexplicably lags, freezes and hangs regularly. Really screwy cuz nothing was changed. Just started lagging after I popped in the T-Mo SIM. Anyone else experienced this? It's ridiculous how the OS went from snappy performance one day, then abyssmal every day since. I hate even using this thing now. I swear if I had the money to buy a new phone. I would chuck this thing against a wall.

yarnsrj

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I know newer phones are supposed to be already unlocked, but I'd call Verizon just to make sure everything is free and clear.
Check your mobile network settings, toggle between Global and GSM to see if that helps. With my note 3 on verizon, depending on where i was i sometimes had to change my mobile network settings to get better service.
Another trip to T-mobile may be in order so they can check on their end also. They will probably suggest you do a factory reset initially. Lastly, are you in a good T-mobile service area? Good luck!

donc13

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure what to make of this but I ended my service with VZWand took my N3 to T Mobile. For some reason, my phone went to pot, once I did so. Now it inexplicably lags, freezes and hangs regularly. Really screwy cuz nothing was changed. Just started lagging after I popped in the T-Mo SIM. Anyone else experienced this? It's ridiculous how the OS went from snappy performance one day, then abyssmal every day since. I hate even using this thing now. I swear if I had the money to buy a new phone. I would chuck this thing against a wall.
Your problem is T-mobile and the fact you are using Verizon software. T-mobile uses different frequency bands for data and the phone needs to be set for T-Mobile.

I'll try to get you the link over on XDA that says what to change.

Start here and read the whole thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=48779322

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa