Any Verizon in store dates yet?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Any idea when Verizon will have the S4 in stores yet?
Will the 32GB be available on day one with the 16GB?

We all have to wait for the official Verizon announcement. I read something about Verizon holding dog and pony show on May 22nd to toot their horn about something.

I may be grasping onto straws here but I'm hoping since A Suck & Suck has announced they will carry the 32gb version, Verizon will follow suit.

Psyc

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Att, sprint and all other carriers have the, S4 out Att announces 32gig version, all carriers putting out updates for software already. So my question is why is Verizon a month behind all the rest? Is bloatware that important to them. I'm starting to feel we are second hand citizen's. And I'm sure we will get the updates in the usual timely manner that Verizon is known for of they ever get us our phones. Just venting all.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I must have hit my head when I fell off that truck. AT&T 32GB on the 10th, That's this week. I'm still pickin it over here waiting on Verizon. Maybe Verizon will surprise everyone with fat 32 & 64's :)
Maybe this is why I'm out of the loop. :(

Crap, If AT&T even had a C Hair's worth of reception out here in the woods, I would take one of those 32GB contracts this week.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I must have hit my head when I fell off that truck. AT&T 32GB on the 10th, That's this week. I'm still pickin it over here waiting on Verizon. Maybe Verizon will surprise everyone with fat 32 & 64's :)
Maybe this is why I'm out of the loop. :(

Crap, If AT&T even had a C Hair's worth of reception out here in the woods, I would take one of those 32GB contracts this week.

Oh, I'm with you....I've contemplated switching but just can't bring myself to do it - not to mention they don't offer the discount I get with Verizon.

Cigar-Junkie

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Att, sprint and all other carriers have the, S4 out Att announces 32gig version, all carriers putting out updates for software already. So my question is why is Verizon a month behind all the rest? Is bloatware that important to them. I'm starting to feel we are second hand citizen's. And I'm sure we will get the updates in the usual timely manner that Verizon is known for of they ever get us our phones. Just venting all.
I could be wrong here but my best guess is availability. Not to sure about AT&T sales but I would bet that Verizon will sell a heck of alot more S4s than the rest of the bunch combined. Verizon has probably been taking deliveries for a while now and building inventory. We all know how whiney we get when shipping dates are missed and then we go to the store to buy and reject the package if they did ship, it turns into one big cluster. It would really be sweet if they had both versions from the start. About the bloat, I think Verizon has the bloat figured out and ready before the design on the phone is finished.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong here but my best guess is availability. Not to sure about AT&T sales but I would bet that Verizon will sell a heck of alot more S4s than the rest of the bunch combined. Verizon has probably been taking deliveries for a while now and building inventory. We all know how whiney we get when shipping dates are missed and then we go to the store to buy and reject the package if they did ship, it turns into one big cluster. It would really be sweet if they had both versions from the start. About the bloat, I think Verizon has the bloat figured out and ready before the design on the phone is finished.

And to add a little to this bloat thing... Verizon removed a LOT of bloat off the last JB update we had for the Razr Maxx... so much so that some have been complaining in the forums here on AC that they removed too much bloat... I just LMAO at all those threads. I can always do with less bloat.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
21 days and a wake up for Verizon! Also anyone looking to buy an Otterbox defender case in a different color other than black, I was able to buy the color i wanted this morning. So other colors are out!!!! Now I just need my phone

:thumbup::D;)

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm praying that Verizon told Samsung to skip the 16 and said just give me the 32, This would explain why it's 1 month behind.

Ok now that I am awake and not dreaming. Most likely they didn't want to launch at the same time all the other carriers did as this is the next big phone they get.. If i remember right the last major phone they launched was the Z10 for Blackberry, Iphone 5s for Apple, 8X for Windows and Droid DNA for Andriod.. I see that as a long dry spell.

please take all this with a grain of salt or even the whole shaker

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Oh, I'm with you....I've contemplated switching but just can't bring myself to do it - not to mention they don't offer the discount I get with Verizon.

ibcop, you get rid of your Note 2?
I'm using the Note 2 now and while it's a fantastic phone, It's pretty hard to work one handed.
I just hope after I get the S4 that I won't miss my Note 2. :(

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
ibcop, you get rid of your Note 2?
I'm using the Note 2 now and while it's a fantastic phone, It's pretty hard to work one handed.
I just hope after I get the S4 that I won't miss my Note 2. :(

Yes, I did. I actually only used it a few weeks - just found it too big to be a daily driver. There are some things I miss with the Note 2, but I am back to the S3, and waiting for the S4.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I did. I actually only used it a few weeks - just found it too big to be a daily driver. There are some things I miss with the Note 2, but I am back to the S3, and waiting for the S4.

Same here...great phone but too big for my hands. Not to mention i had an Otterbox defender case on it. :eek:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Are you going to wait it out for the 32GB or just settle for the lame ole 16?
I'm praying that Verizon has the 32GB available on day one.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Well my Otterbox case is on its way....wish I could say the same for my phone and verizon lol

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87