Just ordered my S4 through Newegg!

Anonymous7532479

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Finally snagged the S4 in black through newegg.com for $159.99. Can't wait to get my new phone!

If you are ordering through Newegg, just a heads up:

Towards the end of my call with the customer service rep, she stated that I was receiving a "free gift" from them - a 14 day trial with some program that gives tech support, teaches you about social media, etc. It was kind of difficult to understand her through the entire conversation anyway, but I caught her saying something about "$9.99 after the 14 days". I asked her to clarify because I had a suspicion of what was going on. Turns out after your two weeks free, they bill you $9.99/month for this "gift". I told her I didn't want it and we went back and forth about it. She was like "you can cancel it before the 14 days are up" and I was like "I realize that, but I will forgot to - and I don't need it. I don't need tech support and I know all about social media already. But thank you". And she was like "but it's free.." It devolved into a somewhat awkward and uncomfortable conversation lol.

So pay attention when you call. She said it so casually, I bet a lot of people hear "free gift" and don't even stop the rep.

Anyway, yaaay S4!! Can't wait for it to arrive!

Last edited:

addicted2tech

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Finally snagged the S4 in black through newegg.com for $159.99. Can't wait to get my new phone!

If you are ordering through Newegg, just a heads up though.

Towards the end of my call with the customer service rep, she stated that I was receiving a "free gift" from them - a free 14 day trial with some program that gives tech support, teaches you about social media, etc. it was kind of difficult to understand her the entire conversation anyway, but I caught her saying something about "$9.99 after the 14 days". I asked her to clarify because I had a suspicion of what was going on. Turns out after your two weeks free, they bill you $9.99/month for this "gift". I told her I didn't want it and we went back and forth about it. She was like "you can cancel it before the 14 days are up" and I was like "I realize that, but I will forgot to - and I don't need it. I don't need tech support and I know all about social media already. But thank you". And she was like "but it's free.." It devolved into a somewhat awkward and uncomfortable conversation lol.

So pay attention when you call. She said it so casually, I bet a lot of people hear "free gift" and don't even stop the rep.

Thanks for the heads up! I never spoke with anyone. I did the whole process online, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for their "free tech support" in the packaging and any fees.

lindseybp

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Newegg usually is pretty great about things. This seems a little shady though. They have to know most people will forget to cancel for at least a little while.

prodigy1814

May 1, 2013
Visit site

Towards the end of my call with the customer service rep, she stated that I was receiving a "free gift" from them - a 14 day trial with some program that gives tech support, teaches you about social media, etc. It was kind of difficult to understand her through the entire conversation anyway, but I caught her saying something about "$9.99 after the 14 days". I asked her to clarify because I had a suspicion of what was going on. Turns out after your two weeks free, they bill you $9.99/month for this "gift". I told her I didn't want it and we went back and forth about it. She was like "you can cancel it before the 14 days are up" and I was like "I realize that, but I will forgot to - and I don't need it. I don't need tech support and I know all about social media already. But thank you". And she was like "but it's free.." It devolved into a somewhat awkward and uncomfortable conversation lol.

This is strange. How much tech support would someone need within a 14-day period?

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Newegg usually is pretty great about things. This seems a little shady though. They have to know most people will forget to cancel for at least a little while.

Its not really new egg.... Their mobile store is wholly run by simplexity, the same people that run wire fly office depot etc. So when you call you aren't talking to an actual new egg rep

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

I have done business with Newegg since before they changed the name to newegg and they have always been great but over the past 3-5 years they have been doing all kinds of things to drag more money out of their customers. This is just another one of those things. These things is why when I do business with Newegg I now use Paypal to buy from them. They can't just pass that on and bill each month unless you approve each time they bill or make arrangements with paypal first. If you have one of their charge card call and cancel it. I would be very careful using a credit card with them now.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
ordered mine from newegg online today to. white tho. hmmm ill look for what ever this is lol. i wonder what subscription they can have you pre signed up for? and i have talked to wirefly over phone an boy was that a horrible experience...especially since i had to make 3 calls due to bad phones they sent. but a question to everyone that ordered from new egg, how long does it take for carrier approval to go thru? never ordered thru newegg?

Parafly

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
ordered mine from newegg online today to. white tho. hmmm ill look for what ever this is lol. i wonder what subscription they can have you pre signed up for? and i have talked to wirefly over phone an boy was that a horrible experience...especially since i had to make 3 calls due to bad phones they sent. but a question to everyone that ordered from new egg, how long does it take for carrier approval to go thru? never ordered thru newegg?

Read my post above. The company (Simplexity) that handles Wirefly orders also handles the Newegg orders, the Office Depot orders, the Target orders, etc. etc.

That is why the URL to check status is generic and not related to the store ("whereismyorder.com") . So if you call the number for Newegg support you are going to get the identical people you talk to if you call for Wirefly support.

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Read my post above. The company (Simplexity) that handles Wirefly orders also handles the Newegg orders, the Office Depot orders, the Target orders, etc. etc.

That is why the URL to check status is generic and not related to the store ("whereismyorder.com") . So if you call the number for Newegg support you are going to get the identical people you talk to if you call for Wirefly support.

I saw after I posted. I haven't called. I got phone quickly. But droid 2 global was such a piece of crap. I don't blame them for the phone just got bad luck I guess. But talking to them sucked. I work for a company that has a overseas call center an listen to people complain all day. Oh well as long as I get it this week.

Sent from a Nexus a galaxy far far away...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87