Does anyone know the filepath for the SD Card on the Verizon S4?

thartsell

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I got mine today and am having issues setting up a few apps usage of the SD card. I need to enter in the path but keep getting messages that tell me the filepath is incorrect.

thanks,
Todd

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I got mine today and am having issues setting up a few apps usage of the SD card. I need to enter in the path but keep getting messages that tell me the filepath is incorrect.

thanks,
Todd

Do you mean that you have app data on your sd card and your trying to restore it? If so you need to move the file that you want from the sd card to the internal memory of the phone

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

thartsell

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
No, I use Rhapsody for my music service and have files that were saved previously (while using my Galaxy S3) and I also want to save new downloads to the same SD Card. To do this in Rhapsody you have to have the file path such as /storage/card/xxxx and so on. I need to know that path since Rhapsody doesn't autopopulate it or let you navigate to it via some explorer.

Todd

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
No, I use Rhapsody for my music service and have files that were saved previously (while using my Galaxy S3) and I also want to save new downloads to the same SD Card. To do this in Rhapsody you have to have the file path such as /storage/card/xxxx and so on. I need to know that path since Rhapsody doesn't autopopulate it or let you navigate to it via some explorer.

Todd

I don't have an S4 but on my S3, it shows "/storage/sdcard0". No quotations and that's a zero. I hope it helps.

"extSdCard" is the device internal memory. Again, no quotes.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an S4 but on my S3, it shows "/storage/sdcard0". No quotations and that's a zero. I hope it helps.

"extSdCard" is the device internal memory. Again, no quotes.

Actually, I believe that is backwards. On the S3
/storage/sdcard0 is the internal phone memory
/storage/extSdCard is the external SD card
I just went into ADB and verified that as well. I wish they'd embraced better conventions for internal and external storage. The fact that Google/Android seems loathe to have an external SD card is stupid.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually, I believe that is backwards. On the S3
/storage/sdcard0 is the internal phone memory
/storage/extSdCard is the external SD card
I just went into ADB and verified that as well. I wish they'd embraced better conventions for internal and external storage. The fact that Google/Android seems loathe to have an external SD card is stupid.

Yep, you are correct. OP, I transposed the info - "ext....." is the sd card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87