Blocking Mode

ttrimmer

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
So, Blocking Mode seems to be missing like on the S3 however the shortcut workarounds that worked on the S3 don't seem to work here. Any ideas or good alternative apps out there?

Posted via Android Central App

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
theres apps you can download. i looked into it when i first found out they removed the feature. if you search the play store for "do not disturb" you should find some. just seems ridiculous that we have to. but thats verizon for you...

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
What a crock!

I just compared my Notification Panel with a friend on Sprint.

His:

2013-05-24

Mine:

2013-05-24+18.53.00.png

Some days I hate Verizon.

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

This is a pain but I'm hoping verizon will have stuff fixed in an update. That would be great. They seemed to listen when we were complaining about the 30 March release date & they bumped it up so fingers crossed lol

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
This is a pain but I'm hoping verizon will have stuff fixed in an update. That would be great. They seemed to listen when we were complaining about the 30 March release date & they bumped it up so fingers crossed lol

I wouldn't hold your breath on getting some of these toggles. They have been missing for some time - simply a way for Verizon to bend you over and push more of their crap to you. I have the blocking mode on my S3 with a simple app, but it appears it won't work with the S4. I imagine it will be a matter of time before it's doable.

I wonder what the toggles look like with an AT&T device.......

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't hold your breath on getting some of these toggles. They have been missing for some time - simply a way for Verizon to bend you over and push more of their crap to you. I have the blocking mode on my S3 with a simple app, but it appears it won't work with the S4. I imagine it will be a matter of time before it's doable.

To be honest the wifi toggle doesn't bother me so much but that issue with my texts notification going silent now and then needs to be fixed

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

The toggles are all there and look just fine on the AT&T model.

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

well i hope youre all writing to verizon about it, other wise nothing will ever change. but they removed the same things from the s3, so im really not all that hopeful

BrySwe

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Seems obvious that, with the WiFi Auto Connect in the Verizon version, the plan is to reduce network usage by forcing you to use Wifi more frequently. From a business perspective, I get it and don't disagree. As a consumer, it's better for all of us as it reduces the amount of wasted traffic, thus improving performance. As it relates to alternative blocking apps, Silent Time is great. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...re/search?q=silent+time&c=apps&token=xGCVGYWX . Good Luck.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The toggles are all there and look just fine on the AT&T model.

Yes, they do! They have the same toggles as the Sprint screen shot. I saw a thread earlier today where someone posted about the Verizon 32gb version - supposedly the OP got info from someone within Verizon. Claimed the 32gb version was coming in a couple of weeks - just in time for the 16gb 14 day window to slam shut. Now the damn thread is gone so not able to see any more information about it. Weird that it's gone though.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Yes, they do! They have the same toggles as the Sprint screen shot. I saw a thread earlier today where someone posted about the Verizon 32gb version - supposedly the OP got info from someone within Verizon. Claimed the 32gb version was coming in a couple of weeks - just in time for the 16gb 14 day window to slam shut. Now the damn thread is gone so not able to see any more information about it. Weird that it's gone though.
I don't care about the damn window slamming shut cause no way am I buying those dumb *** 16gb phones of anykind. as far as I am concerned the carriers can take those and shove them where the sun don't shine with my compliments. I even said that on a thread over at VZW and they edited it out and said we need to be kind to others or something like that. It would just make my happy to know they are going to sell them and I can quit looking for an S3 32gb to buy. Yes, it is a little weird that the thread has disappeared. Maybe someone was trying to mislead and then had second thoughts? Just speculation!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about the damn window slamming shut cause no way am I buying those dumb *** 16gb phones of anykind. as far as I am concerned the carriers can take those and shove them where the sun don't shine with my compliments. I even said that on a thread over at VZW and they edited it out and said we need to be kind to others or something like that. It would just make my happy to know they are going to sell them and I can quit looking for an S3 32gb to buy. Yes, it is a little weird that the thread has disappeared. Maybe someone was trying to mislead and then had second thoughts? Just speculation!

I don't think I'd go from my 32gb S3 to a 16GB S4 although the phone w h o r e in me wants a new device something awful. But I am going to wait a few more weeks and see what transpires.

AndroidJay

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
According to Slashgear, Blocking mode is still available but not in the toggle area. They say that it was pushed to ?My Device? in settings. Granted I don't have the phone yet. Can anyone confirm this?

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
According to Slashgear, Blocking mode is still available but not in the toggle area. They say that it was pushed to ?My Device? in settings. Granted I don't have the phone yet. Can anyone confirm this?
Not that I see. It isn't in the settings anywhere as far as I can tell.

supersam64

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
This is BULL****. My Galaxy S4 has no option for blocking mode, yet has it inexplicably turned on. Every night at 10 pm my phone goes silent and I HAVE NO WAY TO DISABLE THIS FEATURE because Verizon (in their infinite wisdom) saw fit to remove it from the phone. I can turn the volume back on, but I can't stop it from turning itself off at 10. What's a person to do if they WANT people to call them after 10? Another reason I HATE Verizon with a passion.

chrscaley

May 27, 2013
Visit site
This is BULL****. My Galaxy S4 has no option for blocking mode, yet has it inexplicably turned on. Every night at 10 pm my phone goes silent and I HAVE NO WAY TO DISABLE THIS FEATURE because Verizon (in their infinite wisdom) saw fit to remove it from the phone. I can turn the volume back on, but I can't stop it from turning itself off at 10. What's a person to do if they WANT people to call them after 10? Another reason I HATE Verizon with a passion.

Try dragging the notification bar down with two fingers. Do you see it then? Not saying you haven't already tried that but if you haven't then it might be worth a try. I can't believe they would activate blocking mode on your phone then disable your ability to turn it off. That's just crazy. Hope you figure it out. I'll ook around and see if I find anything out about this problem.

Last edited:

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I'd go from my 32gb S3 to a 16GB S4 although the phone w h o r e in me wants a new device something awful. But I am going to wait a few more weeks and see what transpires.
The only way I would buy the S4 16gb would be if it allowed to move apps to sd and there was a rumor about that as well. I have been shopping around for a S3 32gb in blue stock but those are hard to find. I may have to get one with a ROM on it. I do find those and I was planning on doing that anyway with a CM 10.1 which I have on my tablet and I like it. The last S3 32gb stock was white and I thought was a little pricey but as rare as I have started finding them I may have to go that route. I figure with 2 of these I can go for a time until something comes along that will fit my wishes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87