changing multi window

mikeccc123

May 25, 2013
Visit site
is there a way to change what items are in the multi window?I know when you hit edit you can remove, but how do you add different apps to it.

thornesone

May 28, 2012
Visit site
My understanding the apps in the multi-window are only apps compatible with the application. I haven't seen any way to add any other apps to the list.

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
So I guess if and when apps I have on my phone already are updated and become compatible and when I download new apps that are compatible with multi window they will automatically appear in the little sidebar?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
All you have to do is root and add multiwindow manager and then you can put any app in multiwindow mode. That's what I do anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

windwhisper

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
you can add the apps you want.
but you have to had rooted device first with modified recovery, then you either flash a modified rom or mod
seach the xda forums you will find it up there.. i did this with my galaxy note 2
good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
you can add the apps you want.
but you have to had rooted device first with modified recovery, then you either flash a modified rom or mod
seach the xda forums you will find it up there.. i did this with my galaxy note 2
good luck

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
I am thinking of CM10 which I have on my i815 7.7 Tab and like it alot. Does someone have that here and maybe confirm it works well on S4 or S3 I will have both if VZW gets off their A$$ and starts selling it S4 32gb. If not I will be getting another S3 32gb from ebay or somewhere as my backup.

Sean McKenty

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the Calculator plus free app and it didn't appear in the multi window is there a way to move it into the multi window? it is supposed to be compatible with the S4

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Apps that are compatible with the S4 aren't automatically compatible with Multi window. I don't know what special programming is involved, but there does have to be something "extra" done to an app to make it work in Multi window.

That said, when you activate Multi window, did you try tapping Edit? That will show any Multi window-capable apps that aren't yet in the sidebar list. You can just drag them into the list; and you can rearrange the list any way you want, including dragging apps out of it that you don't need to appear there.