Can I sort the Apps Drawer by name?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Go to your app drawer, hit the Menu Button and select "View Type". You should see a couple of Alphabetical options there. :)

James Bradford3

May 27, 2014
Visit site
screenshot.png
Maybe the Japanese version I have is different, but, as you can see from the screenshot, the only menu button in the app drawer is the 3square thing, which does bring up a menu, but does not list View Type at all. It does list settings, but that will only take you to the regular phone settings menu.
Can anyone help with this? This chaotic scattered app crap is driving me insane already and I've only had the phone since this morning (my S3a became a victim of gamer rage).
Thanks in advance.

James Bradford3

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Nevermind guys. Turns out that DoCoMo (Japanese phone company) decided to put their own Home version on the phone, and I was able to switch to the standard.

technopro

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I was just looking for the same thing and figured out that if you hold down the bottom-left button on the the face, it is the button that usually shows the open programs that you can close to help save battery time, for about 2 seconds you will see the menu pop up. You will have to get used to the timing to catch it just right but its not to bad. At this point just choose the "View as" button on then choose alphabetical. That's it! Have a nice day:)

Barbhw

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have a samsung S4 mini and have been trying to find out how to sort my app draw for a while. I used to have an app called App Zorter, which worked on a previous phone, but not on my S4 mini. I have just found that while in the app drawer when I tap the menu button there is an option called 'view type' under there is the option for alphabetical grid or list. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non