TV static Interference caused by Samsung Galaxy S4

robinhalverson

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I got 2 new Samsung Galaxy S4 on Friday. The minute I took them home, there was static interference on 2 TVs hooked to the UHF remotes from Dish everytime I used my new cell phone to get my email, or pull up weather, or the internet. Ever so often my Samsung Smart TV flashed warning of "Weak or No Signal". Even when not using phones, the auto updates from Verizon seem to cause static on the TVs. The other 2 TVs hooked to the IR remotes from DISH don't seem to be effected. The static interference does not occur as often when my cell phones are connected to my WIFI Century Link Westel 7500 Router (static interference every 30-60 seconds without WIFI and every 5-10 minutes with the phones on WIFI). TV man came to look, took off coaxial cable to TV and interference still happened. To test we wrapped both Galaxy S4s in tin foil and the static interference stopped. His AT&T Apple 5 did not cause any interference. I tried unplugging phone line into the Dish Receiver in case of leak, but still a TV static problem. In airplane mode on the phones the static continues. When I switch my TV to a local channel and use my roof top antenna for signal, the phones do not cause a static problem. Russell Verizon said I could return phones but pay $39 restocking fee and no money back on the Otter case and auto charger for $80. Called Dish, Called Samsung, Called Verizon, need help. Cant live with static on TV every 5-10 minutes.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
This will probably be of no help, but it can't hurt. My mother has Dish TV and she also has a Galaxy S4. Her husband has a Note 2. I and my son have S4's and my wife has a note 2. My mother does not have WiFi (or internet for that matter.) When we are all gathered at her house, we never get any static over the TV. You didn't say, but is your TV connected to the internet? Is it connected over WiFi or via Cat5 cable connection. If either of those is the case, I would begin looking there.

BigRedGonzo

robinhalverson

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Thank you and yes the Samsung smart Tv is connected to the Internet via the WIFI but not the Vizio, both of which have the static problem when the Galaxy S4s are in the house. I am not sure how to uninstall the smart TV from the internet (WIFI) as the manual is unclear.

bigredgonzo

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Smart TV and a Toshiba Smart TV. The Samsung is on WiFi and the Toshiba is connected via CAT5. We have Time Warner Cable and one TV is connected to a cable box and the other is not. Neither of the TVs have ever shown any static with the Samsung phones around. One thought that I had, you aren't using one of those WiFi devices that uses your home electrical system as an antenna are you? Unfortunately, with Dish you have to have a box to watch TV. Otherwise, I would suggest taking the converter box out of the equation. But my mother has 5 converter boxes, three at here main home and two at her house at the beach and we don't see any interference at either location. Both of the TVs at the beach are Vizios. As far as that goes, she has several different brands of TVs, and we don't see the interference problem with any of them. I think I would get Dish involved; it could be their converter box.

BigRedGonzo

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer