Google Maps problem

Barry789

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Both my wife and I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4. When going on long trips the navigation in Google Maps quits after about an hour of usage. It usually does it when I most need it. I have to re-enter my destination information and then it will work for another hour. Both of our phones do this. They are both stock and have the latest Verizon updates. This never happen when I was using my older Motorola Bionic. I don't think it did it with this new one until they did the last update (4.4.2). Do I need to buy a navigation app? Anybody else having this problem?

Barry789

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
OK I installed Waze. Now I get advertisement in my pull down at the top of my phone. That's all I need is more advertisements to get in the way. I haven't tried to use it for navigation yet, but I will If the adds don't get in the way.

Barry789

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I tried Waze this weekend and it works. I went on a two hour trip one way. The Waze app did not shut down like Google Maps navigation did. Google needs to fix Maps. It is broken for anything over a 45 minute trip.

Barry789

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Google Maps navigation has started working. I took the same 4 hour trip last night and thought I would try Google Maps again. Sure enough they have quietly fixed it. It held for the whole 4 hour trip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87