01-09-2015 08:15 AM
133 ... 456
tools
    WARNING: I strongly suggest copying your phone's SD card contents to your computer before performing the NK1 upgrade. I believe the NK1 upgrade corrupted the files on my SD card. Yesterday, I mindlessly did the OTA upgrade to NK1. All seemed OK until I tried to access the SD card today - it was not present! So, I pulled the micro SD card out and inserted it into my PC, and it said the card was corrupted. I put the SD card back into the phone and formatted it, then successfully exported my phone contacts to the card to verify it was working. Fortunately, I had stored only contacts and music on the SD card.
    12-09-2014 10:58 AM
    WARNING: I strongly suggest copying your phone's SD card contents to your computer before performing the NK1 upgrade. I believe the NK1 upgrade corrupted the files on my SD card. Yesterday, I mindlessly did the OTA upgrade to NK1. All seemed OK until I tried to access the SD card today - it was not present! So, I pulled the micro SD card out and inserted it into my PC, and it said the card was corrupted. I put the SD card back into the phone and formatted it, then successfully exported my phone contacts to the card to verify it was working. Fortunately, I had stored only contacts and music on the SD card.
    Good info. I'm backing up now. Thanks.
    12-09-2014 01:28 PM
    I have had the previous update since it became available, and my phone was getting a little sluggish, but it worked itself out without me having to do anything. One thing I didn't notice, that I'm noticing now, is that my ringtone and notification volume are connected, and I don't know how to unlink them. At work, I want my ringtone on vibrate as I am in a tiny space, but I still want my alarm to sound when it's time to leave. Before the upgrade, I would use the quick key to change the volume to vibrate, and my alarm would still ring through. Now when I turn the ringer to vibrate, it mutes all notifications. Is there any way to get around this? Thanks for your help.
    UPDATE: Is there a way to remove the update? After 2 days, I'm experiencing the issues everyone else has been talking about
    12-09-2014 02:18 PM
    After reading this I quick checked to make sure I didn't have any issues (I have apps, music, contacts, and photos saved on my SD card), and I had a little bit of a scare playing my music at first, but it turned out OK. Whew!
    12-09-2014 02:28 PM
    Wifi sucks after update, significant difference.
    12-10-2014 07:39 AM
    You can check all you want - just keep opting not to install.
    You can keep opting out of update but it will eventually just push it to your phone whether you like it or not. The ONLY way to keep this update or any other is to exercise your God given right to root your phone and block updates through root necessary apps and procedures. Many will not know how to do this the proper way, but the info is all here.One simply has to do some research. Others will bring up voided warranties, but when weighed against the unprecedented amount of issues with most every update to this device, rooting and taking control of the device that YOU own wins out. I've personally been on 4.3 since I got this phone by rooting and doing what I found here to keep my device operating the way I want it to. I get so frustrated when I see so many lambs being led to slaughter when there is a viable proven solution. PEOPLE, DO SOME RESEARCH! Don't let providers shove this stuff down your throat any more! Take charge of your device.

"Knowledge is Power!"
    12-18-2014 10:51 AM
    I had the same problems after nc6 update, reboots 20 x a day, and plug in for battery 3 - 4 X a day; I do a factory reset; has no problems ever since, it has been going on for 2 wks; after factory reset, Verizon will reactivate itself, so activation should not be a problem. Yes, Foxfi works nc5 and nc6.

bun
    12-25-2014 12:17 AM
    Bankokbob54, I totally agree with you. I have been delaying the NG6 update daily since it was available. Ultimately, I think I will be forced to install it. From what I read on the VZM community chat board the NK1 update, which was supposed to fix the NG6 problems, didn't fix any of them. I'm near the end of my rope with Samsung phones. I may get the Moto Droid Turbo for my next phone.
    01-09-2015 08:15 AM
133 ... 456