Before the upgrade, if I was in a call with the phone up to my ear, screen was dark. When I moved screen away, perhaps to end call or to press keypad, screen lit up. When I put it back to my face, screen went dark again. Good thing.

After upgrade, when I move screen away, it stays dark. I looked at settings, only one I see that seems related is proximity detector. However, setting it is either full off or full on, does not solve the problem.

Thanks,
    JimR
    05-26-2015 12:42 PM
    Before the upgrade, if I was in a call with the phone up to my ear, screen was dark. When I moved screen away, perhaps to end call or to press keypad, screen lit up. When I put it back to my face, screen went dark again. Good thing.

After upgrade, when I move screen away, it stays dark. I looked at settings, only one I see that seems related is proximity detector. However, setting it is either full off or full on, does not solve the problem.

Thanks,
    JimR
    I think the related setting is the one you get when you open the phone dialer, then use the menu button, select Settings, then Call. There is a check box "Turn off screen during calls" with the description "Turn on proximity sensor during calls." On my phone that box is checked and the phone works as you say it used to work for you.

Larry
    05-26-2015 01:33 PM
    Thank you Larry.. that was driving me nutz. I couldn't figure which setting to change.
    05-26-2015 02:26 PM
    Sorry to report that does not work for me. If the box is checked, it exhibits the behavior I described above, i.e., screen goes dark, but does not return when I move it away from my ear. When unchecked, it does not go dark at all.
    05-26-2015 11:09 PM