Lost phone proximity after Lollipop upgrade

flaflashr

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Before the upgrade, if I was in a call with the phone up to my ear, screen was dark. When I moved screen away, perhaps to end call or to press keypad, screen lit up. When I put it back to my face, screen went dark again. Good thing.

After upgrade, when I move screen away, it stays dark. I looked at settings, only one I see that seems related is proximity detector. However, setting it is either full off or full on, does not solve the problem.

Thanks,
JimR

Larry_F

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Before the upgrade, if I was in a call with the phone up to my ear, screen was dark. When I moved screen away, perhaps to end call or to press keypad, screen lit up. When I put it back to my face, screen went dark again. Good thing.

After upgrade, when I move screen away, it stays dark. I looked at settings, only one I see that seems related is proximity detector. However, setting it is either full off or full on, does not solve the problem.

Thanks,
JimR

I think the related setting is the one you get when you open the phone dialer, then use the menu button, select Settings, then Call. There is a check box "Turn off screen during calls" with the description "Turn on proximity sensor during calls." On my phone that box is checked and the phone works as you say it used to work for you.

Larry

flaflashr

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to report that does not work for me. If the box is checked, it exhibits the behavior I described above, i.e., screen goes dark, but does not return when I move it away from my ear. When unchecked, it does not go dark at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa