Few Questions about phones etc

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
So I have never done this before so I wanted to get some input before I go activate the phone and cause problems. I bought a phone off of craigslist (Galaxy Nexus) the ESN is clear and can be activated. I currently have insurance on my line the highest one available extended warranty etc. What happens with that insurance once I activate the Nexus on my line anything? Will that still be there? Any quirks etc with activating this phone on Verizon that deals with my account?

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
So I have never done this before so I wanted to get some input before I go activate the phone and cause problems. I bought a phone off of craigslist (Galaxy Nexus) the ESN is clear and can be activated. I currently have insurance on my line the highest one available extended warranty etc. What happens with that insurance once I activate the Nexus on my line anything? Will that still be there? Any quirks etc with activating this phone on Verizon that deals with my account?

I've seen it happen both ways. I always call customer service after swapping phones around just to make sure. In most cases insurance drops off yes, but customer service can see that and put it back at your request. HOWEVER if the device was not new they could do an IEME check and see if it was activated before in which case they might refuse to add it back as it would not be a "new" phone anymore.

Is your old phone LTE? Does it use a MicroSIM like the Nexus? If the answer is no to ether or both of these then you will need to visit a store to get a SIM card anyway (or call customer service and have them send you one).

If your other phone also uses a MicroSMI (ie the RAZR or Stratosphere) then insurance should stay on (it did for me when I swapped the Thunderbolt and Rezound) but it never hurts to call and check.

Reactions: bigguy_132

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty