need to use my upgrade by 28th, best LTE phone now?

jbinbi

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Have unlimited data, want to keep it that way. Only reason for unlimited is to have LTE, I don't have it right now. If I upgrade after the 28th, then I lose the unlimited, so I need to purchase 1 if not 2 phones. (My understanding of the plans are that if you have unlimited, the only way to keep it is to purchase a phone at full price, so these upgrades need to be used.)

Razr Maxx, Nexus, HTC? Which seems to be the best. Threads I have read seem to have nexus with very poor battery life.

Hoping the mix of people here have some good real world experiences to share.

PS. New Galaxy III is too large for me, but might purchase and sell.

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I would personally pick the GalaxySIII, but if you don't like it the Maxx and the Nexus are great too. I preordered the GalaxySIII so I can have a new phone and lock in my Unlimited data too.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Get the GNex. It is easy to unlock and root and has great developer support. If you root, you can get free mobile hotspot, which is a $30/mo value. The panoramic picture feature is awesome, too.

With the extended battery the battery life is decent. And the GNex will get jellybean, who knows if the Rezound or the Maxx will.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
The Nexus is nice, but unfortunately it wouldn't hold a signal in my area. After going thru 4 of them I switched out to the Razr Maxx.
Not all people suffer signal loss though. It has a great screen, loved ICS, the onscreen keys are great, if you root it's easily rootable and developer support is outstanding. The battery life stinks even with the extended, the camera is ok but for better shots I would recommend an app such as camera zoom fx or camera hd+.

The Maxx doesn't have as nice of a screen but it isn't as bad as some of the fan boy's will try to say it is. ICS is supposed to be coming as an update, the battery is better than I expected, I recently went 42 hours with screen on time of 5.25 hours. Once again I would recommend one of the above camera apps for better photos.

I can't comment on the Rezound as I haven't used it so needless to say I can't give you an honest opinion on it.

There is no perfect phone, they all have flaws. The best thing to do is go to a Verizon store and try the display models, get acquainted with each one then choose the one that best fits your likes and needs.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I would consider the HTC Rezound. It was very nice specs and its a smaller phone. The 720p screen is stunning.
It's thick and heavy, though and the LCD screen although more true-to-life looks washed out compared to the AMOLED. The glass on top of the screen is very reflective, too, which makes it impossible to use in bright sunlight. It also has Sense overlay on it, which someone will either love or hate. And no ICS yet and I doubt it will ever get Jellybean.

WhoMe

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
It's thick and heavy, though and the LCD screen although more true-to-life looks washed out compared to the AMOLED. The glass on top of the screen is very reflective, too, which makes it impossible to use in bright sunlight. It also has Sense overlay on it, which someone will either love or hate. And no ICS yet and I doubt it will ever get Jellybean.

-I would disagree only with your assesment of the screeen. I wouldnt never call it washed out. The colors arent as punchy as what you might see on an AMOLED, but its contrast is great and resolution very sharp.

-Thick yes, but its not somthing that Ive felt takes away from its ergonomics. And heavy...well thats relative. This is my second HTC phone so I dont notice the weight. However Ive played with Samsung phone so I definately understand what your talking about in that respect.

-The glass is very reflective but also thats never been a problem for me, I dont use my phone outdoors much. That being said while some are better than others, no modern smart phone is good in bright sunlight.

-Sense, I dont care for the look of the launcher....so I changed that. Easy thing for anyone to do.

-ICS, I rooted and have had it for months. However if ICS is important to the buyer and they dont want or feel comfortable rooting...thats definately a negative point.

Cares

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Without a doubt you should get GS3 even if you think it is slightly too large. I would much rather have a phone with a screen too large vs a phone with a fraction of the specs with the screen size I want.

GNex Girl

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Without a doubt you should get GS3 even if you think it is slightly too large. I would much rather have a phone with a screen too large vs a phone with a fraction of the specs with the screen size I want.
I think he should get it, too and then sell it if he thinks it is too big and use the funds to get a GNex.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87