Verizon, you may be losing unlimited soon. Sprint unlimited = forever and confirmed from a CS agent.

Central n ohios best

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Ah ah ah, T-Mobile isn't truly unlimited. Use tethering or WiFi hotspot when you're not allowed and off the unlimited plan you go. Sprint does not do that :), or I would have been kicked off a long time ago.

Sent from the stars...

Im testament that's not true. Me and my family managed to tether 40gb last month no problem.

Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape using Tapatalk 2

bigdaddytee

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe Verizon will end unlimited, maybe not. Till then, however...

Sent from the (4.2 updated) redheaded stepchild of the Nexii

Attachments

• 1377514325547.jpg
    1377514325547.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 69

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes a customer service rep said it, so it must be true...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Best statement on this forum LOL. If only this statement actually was true some of these carriers would have better customer service. Can't tell you how many times (on any carrier) I've seen service reps be totally wrong.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Best statement on this forum LOL. If only this statement actually was true some of these carriers would have better customer service. Can't tell you how many times (on any carrier) I've seen service reps be totally wrong.

Oh so true. A number of times Verizon reps have told me inaccurate information...

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II via Tapatalk 4

kg4icg

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Something to think about. Since you are keeping your VZW unlimited which means you are not on a contract. Basically they can say "get on 1 of our tiered plans or go somewhere else" and there wouldn't be a thing that you could do about it since you and VZW are no longer obligated under terms of the contract. For you know that people who want to hold on to there unlimited plans have to purchase there phones out right.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Never believe Csr's , as they only know what's going on for that particular day anyway. Any change to their UL plans would come down from the top. But anyway, the only reason they even offer it and say its forever is to attract customers from the other big 2. I had sprint for a short while and found their coverage, reception, customer service to be really sub par. I'd never use them again, but that's just me, if it works for you where your at then great. Bottom line for anyone is to use what ever works for you the best. They may someday get their collective act together, but I wouldn't wait for that to happen.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the 2nd month without my unlimited data. no problems here, and no regrets. associates of mine on tmobile and sprint are constantly "bragging" about having unlimited data, but out of the other side of their mouth, griping about their signals and dropped calls. Verizon buddies however, NEVER gripe about such things. OF COURSE the Sprint CS agent is going to tell you what you want to hear.

the old adage is so so very true, you get what you pay for. thanks Verizon, for giving me a network that WORKS.

clickclick#AC

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Something to think about. Since you are keeping your VZW unlimited which means you are not on a contract. Basically they can say "get on 1 of our tiered plans or go somewhere else" and there wouldn't be a thing that you could do about it since you and VZW are no longer obligated under terms of the contract. For you know that people who want to hold on to there unlimited plans have to purchase there phones out right.

I came from Alltel to Verizon with a completely grandfathered plan and never once did they try to do this to me till I decided to switch plans myself I highly doubt they will force a single person off of unlimited

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the 2nd month without my unlimited data. no problems here, and no regrets. associates of mine on tmobile and sprint are constantly "bragging" about having unlimited data, but out of the other side of their mouth, griping about their signals and dropped calls. Verizon buddies however, NEVER gripe about such things. OF COURSE the Sprint CS agent is going to tell you what you want to hear.

the old adage is so so very true, you get what you pay for. thanks Verizon, for giving me a network that WORKS.

No gripes here for T-mobile.. No call issues. Great signal strength in my area. Great speeds.. And all I can eat. Oh and for $68 a month after taxes thanks to discounts.

The get what you pay for thing is sometimes true... But as we all know carriers are all about your area. Some places Verizon is the best to have less issues.

Attachments

• 1378376263920.jpg
    1378376263920.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 39
  • 1378376291515.jpg
    1378376291515.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 1378376315001.jpg
    1378376315001.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 39

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
No gripes here for T-mobile.. No call issues. Great signal strength in my area. Great speeds.. And all I can eat. Oh and for $68 a month after taxes thanks to discounts.

The get what you pay for thing is sometimes true... But as we all know carriers are all about your area. Some places Verizon is the best to have less issues.

Completely agree with area. That is key. You need to find a carrier that has service where you use it the most. And this may or may not be Verizon. Verizon has the best total network coverage, but if it doesn't have good coverage where you need it, then you are better off choosing another carrier.

johnriii

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
For a guy who talks to truck drivers all day everyday, the huge majority of them love Verizon. If anyone would be able to speak on coverage issues, it would be them. Now, if boost works for you, great. I have been all over the country in the last five years, and Verizon has never failed. Yes, I hate some of their policies, but when the rubber meets the road, they simply get the job done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
For a guy who talks to truck drivers all day everyday, the huge majority of them love Verizon. If anyone would be able to speak on coverage issues, it would be them. Now, if boost works for you, great. I have been all over the country in the last five years, and Verizon has never failed. Yes, I hate some of their policies, but when the rubber meets the road, they simply get the job done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

And I agreed with that. I said some areas Verizon is good. But I'm just letting you know just because you pay more doesn't mean it's always the best.

For a truck driver yes Verizon would be the best coverage everywhere. Someone like me? 99% of the time I'm in my hometown so.. Coverage isn't a huge deal for me except for my area. If I went to Verizon I'd pay alot more for alot less (data caps). But that's for my needs.

I've always said if someone travels alot.. Verizon is the way to go because coverage issues will be pretty much non existent.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
And I agreed with that. I said some areas Verizon is good. But I'm just letting you know just because you pay more doesn't mean it's always the best.

For a truck driver yes Verizon would be the best coverage everywhere. Someone like me? 99% of the time I'm in my hometown so.. Coverage isn't a huge deal for me except for my area. If I went to Verizon I'd pay alot more for alot less (data caps). But that's for my needs.

I've always said if someone travels alot.. Verizon is the way to go because coverage issues will be pretty much non existent.

For someone like you it makes sense to use tmobile.

For me, Verizon is the cheapest for my needs, albeit my needs are a bit atypical, and most will find that Verizon is expensive. I use every benefit of my plan to the max. :D