Confused on what a verizon rep can and cannot do..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I was browsing craigslist and stumbled across an ad .. New Droid Maxx (Newest Droid) - Clean ESN- +Otterbox

I knew the information was incorrect so I asked him about it.. the picture was the extent of the conversation.. is he able to cancel lines or even make threats ?
I think he can cancel your account if the number you used is the main line on the account. It definitely looks like he was trying to scam you. Good thing you looked it up before buying :D

LEMONGRAB

Banned
Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I was browsing craigslist and stumbled across an ad .. New Droid Maxx (Newest Droid) - Clean ESN- +Otterbox

I knew the information was incorrect so I asked him about it.. the picture was the extent of the conversation.. is he able to cancel lines or even make threats ?

IF this is true, and I'm not calling you a liar. But I have been with ATT for about 10yrs and have never gotten a text or call from any reps personal number. But like I was saying if this is true I would report the fak out of their @$$. Get a couple months free service or get a $200 phone for the free with upgrade fee waived and no upgrade used. I got my S3 $250 (selling price waived), $36 upgrade fee (waived), my upgrade reversed and a $120 credit to my account. All because some dumb @$$ couldn't read his computer screen. Although it did cost me $99 initially, I think I came out on top. Cause two months later I called in and they even gave me the $99 back. Sh|t I could sell poontang to a Catholic priest.

This thread is in unacceptable condition; UNACCEPTABLE....
SSgS|||_2_DroidCentral

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
the ad says he works for verizon, the text does too.. granted it could be his personal number and the person is trying to make some extra money on the side.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
If he did you could call corporate and he'd most likely get fired... He can't just cancel people's numbers.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

tippmann15

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
It could be true, you never know. However if he canceled your account, the least of his worries would be being fired.

Note 3 <Caesars>

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
He's just bluffing. I wouldn't worry about it.

Also, did you use your real phone number to contact him? I always recommend to use gv for situations like this

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Busted51

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
yes i used my main line number.. I called verizon and they made a note on my account that i was threatened by someone claiming to be a verizon rep. They assured me that everything is time stamped and if it happened the person would be caught easily.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
yes i used my main line number.. I called verizon and they made a note on my account that i was threatened by someone claiming to be a verizon rep. They assured me that everything is time stamped and if it happened the person would be caught easily.

Good to hear :)

Posted via Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I would doubt that guy is even a true Verizon employee in the first place, but I wouldn't worry. You reported it, as you should have, and there would be heck to pay if he was able to make good on his threat somehow even without your report.

DroidGuy1990

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
The guy is full of it they cant cancel your line 1. You have to have a sworn statement when cancel line 2. there is a safe guard to make sure account cant be cancelled accidently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa