Complicated SIM card situation...

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I currently have an S4, which uses micro SIM. I plan to get a Nexus 6, but I'll have to buy it outright, as my contract still has another year or so on it. Assuming the Nexus 6 from the Play Store will work fine with Verizon, I'm going to need a nano SIM in order to use it.

So my question is, how would I go about doing this? If I try to get a new SIM before my Nexus 6 is activated, I assume I'd just get another micro SIM by default, because the S4 would still be my current phone. But I can't activate the new phone without a SIM card (or, at the very least, I imagine I wouldn't get service on it).

Any idea on how to go about doing this, in the least headache-inducing way?

Mr. Toad

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Cut your sim down to nano size. Buy a key from amazon or ebay. When the phone is activated call Verizon and get a replacement sim.

You can also just wait to get the phone then call Verizon or go to a store and get the sim.

MRW1215

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I did think about cutting it, but I watched a video on how to do it, and it seems somewhat tricky. I feel like I'd probably mess it up. If I did cut it, though, would I even need to have Verizon send me a replacement? Assuming it would fit/ work in the new phone, would a replacement one be necessary?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
When you attempt to activate the Nexus 6 online via your My Verizon account, the system, as it did when I activated my Developer Ed Moto X, will recognize that the phone requires a Micro sim and ask if you would like Verizon to send you one for free.

You may also be able to call Verizon directly and ask them to send you one. Or, you could spend around $5 and buy one off Ebay. Good Luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte17