Verizon's 4G LTE coverage in San Francisco?

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
I am thinking of picking up a LG G4 as my first Smartphone. I currently have a Samsung Convoy 3, and reception on Verizon is good, but not as great as I hoped when I bought the phone (my wife's old LG Accolade is better). We live in the Sunset, in the western part of the city, and I cannot use my phone in a spot I regularly walk our dog. Not exactly an area I expect to have spotty service:(. I work in the eastern part of the Richmond district, and service seems to be more consistent.

If I buy a smart phone through Verizon, I'm told I can't use voice and data simultaneously, unless I enable Advanced Calling 1.0, which uses the 4G network. From those of you who live in the western part of S.F., what's you experience with Verizon's 4G coverage and speed? How is voice quality of your phone without HD Voice? My Samsung is crap, but maybe it's the phone :9

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Coverage in any city varies greatly. Even coverage within the same building can vary greatly. You can check out opensignal.com to see maps specifically where you are for a general idea.

Sent from my Verizon LG G4

Aflaaaak

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Thanks dpham00! I tried Googling "Verizon 4G coverage in San Francisco", and it brought up the opensignal.com map, but without coverage overlay for some reason. Going to the site directly without going through the Google link brought me righg to the S.F map with the carrier coverage overlays :). Ha Ha! It shows my little dead zone exactly, and it exists on the ATT and T-Moblie maps as well, so lucky me. Hopefully the phone I pick will have a stronger radio in lt like my wife's old LG and not drop calls there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non