Thinking about making the switch over to SPRINT!

PunKPwnZoR

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I been a VZW customer for 3yrs now and well i have had the save for phone for as long i as i been with vzw. I was able to upgrade back in feb 10 but when the rumors about the iphone 4 coming to vzw i waited and then when it didnt i was :(, so then some other good phones came out like X and D2 and etc. Well im ready for upgrade and maybe even a new carrier. With all this talk about the thunderbolt on vzw and even possible evo 2 on sprint which i heard is going to be announced at CTIA next month,well im really thinking about switching over. Im in southern california and i know LTE wont be in my specific area so thats gonna suck and wimax isnt even in my area also.

Whats really keeping me on vzw is that i hear that LTE data plans are gonna stay unlimited and i guess that locks you in an unlimited plan when LTE hits nationwide,because im sure vzw will go teered plans later on this year. So thats save me some money and plus i get a 22% discount on my bill so that helps. Well the only phone i see getting is the TB.

As for Sprint,i hear good and bad,but i think thats with everybody,and the only thing i see good is there prices on there plans,$69.99 plus $10 extra for 4G ,and its 450 mintues for land lines and i can call any carrier without wasting mintues and the phone i would get is the evo but now with the evo 2 supposdly coming well that phone wouldnt even come out till late june. And i dont wanna wait anymore lol. And the discount i think i get is 17% on sprint.

Well i dont get good prices like that on vzw and sprint doesnt really have any good phones that i like expect the evo,anybody here think i should make the switch over or should i just stay with vzw? i know its a long read but im really stumped on what to do. Looking into getting new phone like NOW!. Thanks guys

Got2buzz

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't work for "V" or At&T, but I'd be a little wary of Sprint for a number of reasons:

1.they ARE cheaper for now, but they just "upped" everybody $10.00 mo. with a smart phone (4G capable or not and are getting sued for it), don't think they don't want the same pricing as the two big guys-it's coming. Oh and changed their upgrade policy too!

2. Whoever has been Sprint's phone buyer has purchased the worst POS phones with a poor to terrible selection for years and years. They screwed up and somehow got the Evo. IMHO it doesn't look to me that Sprint will EVER have even a decent selection of top of the line phones. (yes I've heard the "well they are just smaller and only need one or two phones" line-bunk)

3. WiMax-nuff said? Sure there are LTE rumors regarding Sprint. Nothing is for sure yet. Even if true how long will it take? Will the phone you just bought turn into a paper weight or be locked into a system that is being phased out?

4. On all the forums the members have laid out in precise detail what they want in a phone. All the Sprint marketing people have to do is read the posts, write them down, give the notes to HTC or LG or Moto-is that so hard? What does Sprint do? Put out a piece of ______ from a second rate company that nobody will write apps for because it's one of kind.

I admit I'm not all that tech saavy, but I'm watching AT&T to bust their butt to shake the stigma of poor reception/dropped calls in the iPhone years. I'm also looking to them for a much better selection of hot phones to take up the slack from lost iPhone sales. Who knows maybe even some aggressive plan pricing.(?)

PunKPwnZoR

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't work for "V" or At&T, but I'd be a little wary of Sprint for a number of reasons:

1.they ARE cheaper for now, but they just "upped" everybody $10.00 mo. with a smart phone (4G capable or not and are getting sued for it), don't think they don't want the same pricing as the two big guys-it's coming. Oh and changed their upgrade policy too!

2. Whoever has been Sprint's phone buyer has purchased the worst POS phones with a poor to terrible selection for years and years. They screwed up and somehow got the Evo. IMHO it doesn't look to me that Sprint will EVER have even a decent selection of top of the line phones. (yes I've heard the "well they are just smaller and only need one or two phones" line-bunk)

3. WiMax-nuff said? Sure there are LTE rumors regarding Sprint. Nothing is for sure yet. Even if true how long will it take? Will the phone you just bought turn into a paper weight or be locked into a system that is being phased out?

4. On all the forums the members have laid out in precise detail what they want in a phone. All the Sprint marketing people have to do is read the posts, write them down, give the notes to HTC or LG or Moto-is that so hard? What does Sprint do? Put out a piece of ______ from a second rate company that nobody will write apps for because it's one of kind.

I admit I'm not all that tech saavy, but I'm watching AT&T to bust their butt to shake the stigma of poor reception/dropped calls in the iPhone years. I'm also looking to them for a much better selection of hot phones to take up the slack from lost iPhone sales. Who knows maybe even some aggressive plan pricing.(?)

I hear ya man,ya i very iffy about switching,verizon is good but like in my house i only have 1 bar but the crazy thing is i havent had much if any dropped calls. I liked sprint cuz of the pricing and just a little while ago some1 had told me that they were paying 240 for 2 evo phones and i was like WTF and that sprint told them that the 69.99 plan couldnt go with there phone choice which is dumb,if i understood what i heard. What are some inside stuff that i should watch for..u said something about upgrade policies. Ya i might just go ahead and stay with vzw cuz there lte and all there phones r gonna be lte and sprint is slackin it big time.

dwhitman

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm currently on Sprint and thinking of jumping to VZW to get better coverage, but am kind of balking at the plan prices on VZW. We moved, and Sprint's coverage is pretty spotty here.

I'm currently paying $155/mo for 4 phones, plus a femtocell for better coverage in our house. All 4 phones have unlimited data and texting; the rate includes $10 premium data on my Evo while the other lines aren't assessed that because they're lower tier phones.

As near as I can tell, the cheapest I can do for a similar package on VZW is $240/mo, an $85 premium. Ouch.

Unless I'm missing something, Sprint's plans can be a LOT cheaper. If they've got reasonable coverage in your area, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Unfortunately, coverage in our new area isn't that great. :'(

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I like Sprint's pricing and that their data plan includes everything. Their coverage here in Chicago has been pretty good and I like that if you are a premier customer, you get upgrades every year. I don't like the thin selection of smartphones however, they have two of the best Android phones on the market. I'm thinking of switching but I'm not sure yet.

Missy345

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I know this deal is already in another thread but I wanted to share it with you, since it seems like you're on the edge of switching carriers. It's a legit really good deal. I don't know your location though so as far as the best service idk.
Anyway, with the deal you can get 23% off your sprint monthly, $50 service credit, $100 mail in rebate, $25 rebate and a free car charger. On top of that you'll get another $125 service credit if you bring your cell # over from another carrier.

This deal is through a website that you register on. Here's a direct LINK to the form you need to fill out instead of registering on the website. Someone will contact you and answer any of your questions if you fill it out and submit it.

Hope this helps you decide.

Missy345

Banned
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I read in another forum that if you follow this LINK that I provided in an earlier post, you now get an email back with the link to a website where you can purchase your phone and get the studentrate discounts all online.

dchawk81

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Sprint's completely unlimited is also 99.99, plus I assume the $10 applies to those too. Plus taxes & fees.

Sprint "wins" because people are more likely able to get away with the lowest plan since it has M2M. They also win because discounts are easy to get.

If you're like me and don't actually talk that much the minutes become moot and the easy discount becomes the deciding factor. I get 25% off with Sprint. I don't know if I'd get anything off with Verizon.