Need some help with phone

darkness2147

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I need help with my phone i accidentally reset my phone with bobzhome mod on it and i never put a recovery image on it so i cant do a hard reset either the boot logo comes up and then its just black until the battery dies.

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I need help with my phone i accidentally reset my phone with bobzhome mod on it and i never put a recovery image on it so i cant do a hard reset either the boot logo comes up and then its just black until the battery dies.
Factory reset from Privacy menu with Custom Recovery = BAD JUJU. Have you tried entering recovery manually on boot up with the key combo? You can kiss your previous install goodbye, but you may be able to wipe and flash clean if you can get to your recovery.

Ph1Man

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
If your computer can still connect to your phone, then this should work to get you a recovery again.
Don't worry, you can recover your phone, it's just going to take some time and patience.

To get ADB working, check the stickies in this forum, they have step by step instructions. ADB is simply a means of using a command window to control your phone.

Once you have ADB installed, you will boot your phone into recovery, then hook it up to your computer. On your computer, (W7/XP) press your start button, then type in cmd and press enter. A command window should open up. Now look at where ADB was installed (usually the adb folder /platform-tools). You need to "cd" into that directory. So if it's C:\android-sdk\platform-tools, type in:
Code:
cd c:\android-sdk\platform-tools
adb shell
ADB should start up, then once it connects to your phone, you should see a different prompt. Now exit the shell by typing in exit and pressing return. You should now be back to the normal command prompt.

Download the flash_image binary, the xionia recovery img file, and the ROM zip file you want to use (and gapps in needed) and place them all on your sdcard by using the ADB push command:
(Note- only the ROM and gapps should be zip files, the flash_image binary has no extension, and xionia should be an img file)
Code:
adb push c:\PATH_TO_FILES\flash_image /sdcard/flash_image
adb push c:\PATH_TO_FILES\flash_image /sdcard/NAME_OF_XIONIA_RECOVERY.img
adb push c:\PATH_TO_FILES\flash_image /sdcard/NAME_OF_ROM.zip
adb push c:\PATH_TO_FILES\flash_image /sdcard/NAME_OF_GAPPS.zip

Now, type in adb remount. If this succeeds, you are still rooted, a good thing. If it fails, stop now and see note at end of post.

Now you will install the flash_image binary, and use it to flash the xionia recovery image to your phone, then reboot so it can fix the bootloop issue.
Code:
adb shell
mv /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 0777 0655 /system/bin/flash_image
flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_XIONIA.img
exit

adb reboot recovery
Note- the last line is typed in the normal command window after exiting the ADB shell.
If you get errors at any step, it's probably due to not having root, post the errors so we can help.

Now, if everything worked, you'll be in xionia recovery. In here, you should wipe cache, then under advanced wipe dalvik-cache, then under mounts you should format boot, system, data, and cache.

Now go back to the main menu, and choose to install zip from sdcard. First install the ROM zip, then do the same steps to flash the gapps zip.

Now go back to the main menu, and reboot. Be patient, the first boot after doing all this may take a long time (rebuilding files). If the phone doesn't boot up after 10 full minutes, let us know.
[NOTE]If any of this fails, please use the forum's thread search feature. Click on one of the sticky threads, then near the top right, you'll see the link to search the thread. I recommend choosing show posts.

If you can't find the solution, let us know and we will attempt to help out.

The reason some people are being hostile is because all of this information has been posted over and over and over, and is included in the stickied threads. You may be new to these types of forums, and not be aware of the wealth of information available in most forum's stickied posts. Check them out, read them all the way through, and soon you'll be the one answering questions around here! ;)[/NOTE]

If your computer cant see it in adb and you can still get into emergency mode. You can un-brick it with this by entering emergency mode and using these guides, http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...-how-fix-bricked-lg-optimus-v-s-firmware.html , but only the first 3 sections (1. ---Flashing the S firmware---, 2. ---Getting MSL code---, and 3. ---Root and recovery---). Make sure you flash the update.zip twice to get the radio. ( Once from the recovery you flashed, to install the update, then again before you root with the stock recovery to ensure you replace the sprint radio)

Then Follow only the second section of this guide; http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...fter-vm-rom-flash-sprint-rom.html#post1707315 ( only do the second section entitled Getting data back working on your phone)

Hope this helps.