lg optimus v from vm 3g network icon not in notification bar!!...plus does not work :'(

andreco1394

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I rooted my optimus v and accidentally bricked it.... But I fixed it!... Now my phone is runnin stock vm rom, and everything is back to normal.....except that the network icon does not appear.. In the about phone option it says its connecting but it has been 2 weeks... I did the airplane mode thing dozens of times, not one worked... I used tha activate app another dozen, and the same result... I called vm, they told me to factory reset my phone..but I didnt cuz i didnt know if i was completely unrooted... checked with root checker and it said " not properly rooted" so i take it its not rooted... still i didnt want to go into a boot loop again, so i didnt... please help!! :/

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
As TGL said the Activate App has a good chance of fixing it.

If it doesn't I have seen reports of other odd things that may restore 3G. Sometimes just toggling Airplane Mode will do it. Most reports I have seen said to wait a few minutes before turning Airplane mode back off again. Other folks have said that unmounting the sdcard (Settings->Storage->Unmount SD card) and then mounting it again will work to get it back.

Nothing that I tried, which includes a bunch of other less likely tricks, worked on mine. Turned out the 3G system was bad when I bought the phone. I did several troubleshooting sessions with VM Tech Support over a couple days and they determined that it needed to be replaced and sent me a new one and a return envelope to send the old one back in.

My phone was a used one that I bought on Craig's List for $30, so don't worry about them being picky about your phone. They want to keep customers.

STR1KERcom

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem w/ mine. I'v ehad no 3G for just under a month. Wi-Fi is fine, but Airplane mode toggle, unmount/remount isn't working, and I don't see the "Activate App" anymore since it's rooted. I have an email into tech support, and I know, NO FACTORY RESET is in my future, LOL
When I toggle the AP mode, the signal comes back up, same w/ the unmount, but then it goes right back to being dead. Seemingly nothing lets it stay active. Even when the bars did stay lit, there was no trying even my simplest apps. I rec'd the "no data connection" error.

glarepate

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been having the same problem w/ mine. I'v ehad no 3G for just under a month. Wi-Fi is fine, but Airplane mode toggle, unmount/remount isn't working, and I don't see the "Activate App" anymore since it's rooted. I have an email into tech support, and I know, NO FACTORY RESET is in my future, LOL
When I toggle the AP mode, the signal comes back up, same w/ the unmount, but then it goes right back to being dead. Seemingly nothing lets it stay active. Even when the bars did stay lit, there was no trying even my simplest apps. I rec'd the "no data connection" error.

Rooting shouldn't kill your 3G connectivity. Nor should it make your activation app disappear.

What ROM are you running?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch