Can't decide what to upgrade to!

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
That sucks but if they will match that they should be able match others too. Hopefully they will offer it again for that price. Have you tried to call att?

- - - Updated - - -

That sucks but if they will match that they should be able match others too. Hopefully they will offer it again for that price. Have you tried to call att?

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Let us know how you like it. I also saw that but still not sure if I could live with a pentile display. I had a pentile display on my old Droid Razr Maxx and hated it and could not stand it.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes I've heard a lot of negativity towards Pentile.
But hey, it's definitely better than the Optimus :D
What about the Maxx's screen didn't you like??
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
The screen wasn't that clear at all to me and reminded me on the Optimus V screen I could literally see the pixels in an arms length away and the colors were piss poor and I could really tell when take pictures on the Maxx and know it wasnt the camera because I would upload some photos to my computer and Photobucket and when checking them out on the computer they were good pictures but didn't show like it on the phone

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
yeah the only things I miss are 1.) Removable Battery and 2.) Micro SD card slot but this has good amount of storage and good battery life. Not as good as the maxx but next too it.

I think I will be returning the One X for the One X+ anyway since I have till January 11 I think.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Well I like my HTC one X but have been having some issues with mine and going back to apple (iPhone 4S) I can't beat it for $49.99. And will just look for an android tablet. But right now I need a phone with good battery life. decent specs, a good camera & zero lag/show down from apps. I think I will either get the Samsung note 10.1 or the Transform I forgey the maker but has that keyboard dock.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I like my HTC one X but have been having some issues with mine and going back to apple (iPhone 4S) I can't beat it for $49.99. And will just look for an android tablet. But right now I need a phone with good battery life. decent specs, a good camera & zero lag/show down from apps. I think I will either get the Samsung note 10.1 or the Transform I forgey the maker but has that keyboard dock.

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah only big downside is the smaller screen but hell the Optimus screen is 3.2 Even though my last 2 phones had 4"+ screen. Well I'm going to pick one up tomorrow after work. But at least I'm going to get good quality apps and games and I will just end up jailbreak to make it more open source.

But any ways you like you GS 3? Battery life good? And slow down in the last day? Have you got to use android Siri Google now on jelly bean?

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah only big downside is the smaller screen but hell the Optimus screen is 3.2 Even though my last 2 phones had 4"+ screen. Well I'm going to pick one up tomorrow after work. But at least I'm going to get good quality apps and games and I will just end up jailbreak to make it more open source.

But any ways you like you GS 3? Battery life good? And slow down in the last day? Have you got to use android Siri Google now on jelly bean?

Yeah I mean the 4S screen is beautiful and the size isn't terrible.
But I love the GS3. I'm still on ICS but I plan to update to JB in the near future.
Battery life is a bit of a let down, and charge time is ridiculous (3-4 hours?).
S Voice is meh but hopefully Google Now will eventually make up for it.
No lag or slow down in the last 24 hours here! :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the quality of the screen is good 326PPI I think but size is ok I guess. You know that they have jelly bean for OTA update? And I don't know why it takes so long to charge tthe One X is the same way even when I use the OEM charger. Really S-voice isn't that good? They made it sound like it was better then Siri in the reviews.
well good to hear you like the phone hopefully I like the iPhone 4S I am kinda picky about my phones but I just don't want to get stuck in a 2 year plan with a phone I'm not happy about & have to pay full retail for a phone.

Encerspay45

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I mean yeah I'm still a bit jealous of the fluidity of the iPhone 4S, I've witnessed my friend just whip it out of her purse, iMessage a friend with a smooth keyboard typing experience, and shove it back in all within 15 seconds.
The S3 is a bit clunky to pull out of my pocket and I ended up installing SwiftKey 3 to make typing go smoother.
But I'm pretty sure the charge time is due to the huge size of the battery, yet, battery life isn't too great. I still can't make it through the day, though I do use the phone A LOT with 4G and music/gaming/texting/calling.
S Voice is okay. For some reason the voice of it just really annoys me, lol. I still prefer the personality of Siri. Plus, in my experience, Siri had understood me way better than S Voice.
However today, after a terribly slow and laggy experience with Kies, I got my S3 running 4.1.1. Google Now is amazing, and I love Blocking Mode. The Mobile Toggle being removed is a minus, though, and the phone isn't any smoother with Project Butter, though it was extremely fast before and remains to be, now.
All in all, I still love it.
Here's to the best for you and your phone satisfaction! :toast:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty