Sprint wont give me my free Gear vr

richardschris

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone!
So last night the wife and I went to a sprint corporate store and switched to sprint from att and got 2 new s7 phones. I was hoping to get the free gear vr that is supposed to come with it. However when I asked about it, the employee that was helping us said they only have 2 left and if we wanted them we would have to buy a bunch of accessories from him and then they would give us the free gears.
Does that seem really odd to everyone, my understanding was that if you bought the phones you got the gears, not buy the phones and a bunch of accesories. We didnt end up getting the gears because we didnt want to buy a bunch of other stuff we didnt need.
So my question is, is there anything I can do about this, should I contact sprint corporate? Or are we just screwed since the promotion ends today?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jmy7213

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
The free Gear VR offer with Sprint, was for people that pre-ordered the S7. I'm not sure if they will honor that deal to people that did not pre-order.

flychinook

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Sprint's promotion for the free Gear VR ended on the 11th. It was a separate promotion from the one Samsung had, check the terms and conditions of the Samsung promotion. Sounds like the store was actually trying to cut you a deal.

brj319

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the s7 Edge from Sprint online on 3/15/16 and was assured I, too, would receive Free VR as promo ended on 3/18/16. I have been getting the runaround ever since. Sprint: Call Samsung
Go to Samsung website to get free gear. Samsung: select carrier or retailer you purchase Galaxy S7 from. I select Sprint. Samsung: Thank you for purchasing your new Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge device. We've partnered with the retailer or carrier you've selected to deliver your Gear VR directly to you. If you did not receive your free Gear VR, please contact the carrier or retailer for more information.
Almost "Bait and Switch"!!! Thanks for buying the phone, screw you and have a nice day!

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
What happens when you try to contact Sprint about the offer now? My understanding was the promotion period for claiming the Gear VR ended on 3/31.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non