Mi Mix 2s

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
I just received my 64gb Glogal Version from Never_MSRP on eBay. I can't wait to try it out. This is my first Xiaomi device. If any has any questions, let me know.

Danred1

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
mine arrives tomorrow. looking forward to it. are you pleased with yours so far. what's battery life like? how is miui software. I was going to put pixel launcher on mine

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
mine arrives tomorrow. looking forward to it. are you pleased with yours so far. what's battery life like? how is miui software. I was going to put pixel launcher on mine

The software is very Iphone like. It is very fast and smooth. I have not noticed any slowdowns.

For the phone to only have 3400 mAh battery, it is great. I definitely can go for more than a day on a charge.

Danred1

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
how did you get volte working. and also I can't get android auto working which is major issue for me. any ideas Welcome! thanks

edhdurham

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site
How are you finding the Mi2S? I got one last week, global ROM imported from Europe as not directly available in the UK, it seems awesome after the few days I have had it...

Danred1

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
so far been fantastic, I'm on the MiUi 10 public beta and it's been really good A couple of frustrations that smartlock is not working so my watch doesn't keep my phone unlocked and damn this phone is heavy!

noobtoob

Nov 8, 2018
Visit site
Got mine the other day. So far, MIUI 10 is garbage, however the phone has many pros.

CONS:
*Half the apps I use will not open.
*There is no way to disable bloatware or unnecessary apps (cmd prompt and adb you can, just using phone software you cannot).
*It is very feature lacking in comparison to AOSP as far as customizations.
*Heavy (to each their own).
*Minimum 720 hour wait to unlock bootloader. This also requires you apply for an Mi account, and apply that account to your phone in developer options JUST TO REQUEST the unlock.
*Development community is rather low, hopefully this will change soon

PROS:
*Price point is amazing.
*Hardware is awesome.
*6-8 hours of screen on time.
*FAST!
*Compatible with almost every LTE band out there.
*Design.
*Popular feature integrated (wireless charging, NFC, etc.)
*OTA does work, got the Android pie update right out of the box (I'm in the US).

Everyone uses their phone differently, so of course results vary. Also, some people like MIUI, to each their own. I personally bought this phone so I could unlock bootloader and have a beast of a hardware device in hand, but alas, I'm still like 28 days away from being able to truly use this phone to it's full potential.

Honest opinion, worth the price for what you get, and I am very happy with my purchase. Just need to get these bugs worked out.

Last edited: