Charging port loose?

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just bought an A500 from someone on Craigslist- I am loving this tablet. Much faster than my rooted Nook Color.
It seems that the charging port is somewhat loose- the charger wiggles a bit in there when plugged in. Is this normal, or do you guys think I'll have issues in the future?

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I get more or less a firm connection. Just a little bit loose, but i advise to be careful with the charging plug. It ain,t too sturdy if you know what i mean. Been reading several recent posts where they have broken off inside the tab. Fixable, but still. Anyone who had a newer nokia knows all about that pin:D

galatians51

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input, I'll be careful.
As a side note, is this the same port as a Nokia? I am looking for a car charger and that may be helpful to know.

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
No, it's not. Different plug and maybe a different polarity. When looking for a car charger , it's best to know the polarity (+ and -). , Usually you can get a universal charger which comes with several tips and multi range.

I believe a car charger doesn't need to have a millamp rating as it's DC voltage, but I would definately check the polarity of the tip.