ICS Crashing

axoid

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I got the ICS update this morning and it has been a disaster. I installed just fine, but then started rebooting itself.

Once my A500 boots to the lock screen, in about 20 seconds (whether I unlock it or not) the OS cycles back to the animated ANDROID boot animation. It just loops doing this over and over.

Be careful with the upgrade.

Update: I just figured out the cause, but I don't have a solution. It is crashing as soon as it connects to a wifi connection point. I turned the wifi point off and the tablet stopped crashing. It's not going to be much use with out wifi. This all worked under Honeycomb.

Bill

Last edited:

Farmer_Ted

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here as well, I'm currently making use of the ICS full backup feature to back everything up, then I'm going to do a factory reset and see if that fixes it. Ugh.

cryptonym

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Did a factory reset and it is now working for me. Had to reinstall everything and will have to copy on my pdf reference library again. Otherwise, I didn't loose much, other than my save game info... This upgrade was a complete pain in the tail.

axoid

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Did a factory reset and it is now working for me. Had to reinstall everything and will have to copy on my pdf reference library again. Otherwise, I didn't loose much, other than my save game info... This upgrade was a complete pain in the tail.

I'm glad to here that you got it working. I was planing to try the same thing, but I would be able to get to it until tonight.

manonmoon49

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Had to do the same thing but after the reset everything else is working like a charm

non5equitur

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes! And typing is temperamental. Several times on this very forum, I was trying to get info about another device, but text kept resetting. Cursor jumps. Etc. Sad, but my VM LG Opt Slider is performing gingerbread better than my Acer ICS. Having to reset seems a pain, but... :-!