Various apps keep crashing in Secure Folder

ChrisTJ

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I recently switched to S23 + from my old and trusty S8.

I've never had any problem with apps crashing in the secure folder on my s8 but several of my apps keep crashing on S23. Just to be clear, the secure folder itself doesn't crash, I can use some apps with no problem but some apps for example spideroak Crossclave keep shutting down. When I installed the app in the normal way (Not in secure folder), the app functions normally. I've tried to

-force stop and delete data and cache

-restarting the phone

-uninstalled and reinstalled the apps

-uninstalled and reinstalled secure folder

-searched for update for secure folder

Unfortunately none of these steps helped. My secure folder version is 1.8.10.27

This is very frustating in an otherwise great phone.

Does anyone have any advice on what other steps I can take?

Thanks,
Chris

ChrisTJ

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Mustang7757,
I've transferred them from the S8. However, when I noticed that the apps kept shutting down, I've uninstalled and reinstalled them.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm should have fixed it by reinstalling
I don't use secure folder much to give more advice than you tried maybe wait for next secure folder update or report this through Samsung members app

ChrisTJ

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for the advice!
After checking further, I noticed that when I use the same app outside secure folder, it doesn't crash but it uses different keyboard. Is there anyway I can disable and change the keyboard to a normal keyboard in secure folder?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the advice!
After checking further, I noticed that when I use the same app outside secure folder, it doesn't crash but it uses different keyboard. Is there anyway I can disable and change the keyboard to a normal keyboard in secure folder?
Which keyboard is it using? And which is it using outside secure folder?

ChrisTJ

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
Outside secure folder the app is using Microsoft Swiftkey which I set up as default. But in secure folder, it uses keyboard which I don't recognise, it's not swiftkey nor is it Samsung keyboard. Any way I can check which keybord it is or change it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Strange when I go into secure folder my Gboard works, go to settings in secure folder then apps do u see Swift key on the list or can add it to apps in secure folder?

ChrisTJ

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
I've looked in secure folder setting, according to a website, I should be able to set the keyboard I'd like to use from the "more setting" inside secure folder. But I can't find any option to customise the keyboard under "more setting" option so I've not been able to change the keyboard at all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't see that option either
But go to home page and tap + in secure folder as an app then open it up from there

ChrisTJ

Oct 25, 2023
Visit site
inside secure folder under playstore it says that Swiftkey Keboard is installed and set as default. WIth other apps in secure folder, Swiftkey is used. Only this particular app uses another keyboard

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter