- 12 Posts
External Bluetooth GPS for A500?
Hi: Here is a GPS question regarding the A500...If I turn the GPS location services off, is it possible to use an external GPS Bluetooth receiver to send the GPS signals to the tablet and use them on regular Android GPS programs? A lot of my use for the GPS function in the A500 involves being in a vehicle that has no real good location at which to set the A500 so that the GPS signals reach it...If I could run a cabled unit outside the vehicle, it would be great...Thanks for any advice...
Steve in Kansas
- 09-06-2013, 05:31 PM #2
Re: External Bluetooth GPS for A500?
If you have a GPS enabled phone, I have used several Bluetooth GPS apps on the Play Market to tether my A500 to my RAZR HD's GPS and it works great, even when I go flying (I use my A500 as a moving map/electronic flight bag). A few that I have used are Bluetooth GPS by GG MobLab, Bluetooth GPS provider by mobile-j.de and GPS over BT by Vasiliy Saenko - all worked OK for my combination of phone and the A500, including my previous HTC Thunderbolt phone.
There is also a WifFi based app called TetherGPS which takes your phone's GPS and broadcasts it over WiFi for the tablet - at least for my aviation applications and for Google Maps it seems to deal with the mock location just fine.
This does bring up the issue, you will need to enable 'Allow Mock Locations' which is found in the Developer Options menu.
A500, rooted, OC'd to 1.5 GHz, running CM10.2 (JB 4.3) by pjsports
- By shiroiusagi in forum Pure WidgetsReplies: 1Last Post: 12-21-2012, 08:54 AM
- By o2bnclemson in forum Android ApplicationsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM
- By kayln in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2010, 11:54 AM
- By kayln in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 0Last Post: 03-21-2010, 11:39 AM
- By pvk2009 in forum HTC Droid ErisReplies: 2Last Post: 11-17-2009, 12:18 PM