Question Question regarding external SSD and Android Gallery

cyberjap

May 17, 2023
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S21 5G phone. Historically, I've been using the Gallery app as a means of viewing photos and videos seamlessly. A function that Gallery provides is the ability to mark items as favorites (heart icon), which I use. With internal storage dwindling, I decided to get a Samsung T7 external SSD with the intention of migrating all data there. With that said, a couple questions:

1.) Is there a way to migrate everything in such a way that retains the info on what I've favorited without moving them to, say, a separate Favorites folder? I would also like to have Gallery to pick up on the photos when the T7 is connected, but it seems like it doesn't detect anything outside of the phone's internal storage. I would need to navigate to My Files and browsing there is very cumbersome.

2.) Is formatting the T7 necessary? I was hoping to also use it to backup some files from my Windows laptop and I don't know if this is going to cause issues regarding format mismatches.

EnthalpiousKitten

Feb 24, 2021
Visit site
I have a Galaxy S21 5G phone. Historically, I've been using the Gallery app as a means of viewing photos and videos seamlessly. A function that Gallery provides is the ability to mark items as favorites (heart icon), which I use. With internal storage dwindling, I decided to get a Samsung T7 external SSD with the intention of migrating all data there. With that said, a couple questions:

1.) Is there a way to migrate everything in such a way that retains the info on what I've favorited without moving them to, say, a separate Favorites folder? I would also like to have Gallery to pick up on the photos when the T7 is connected, but it seems like it doesn't detect anything outside of the phone's internal storage. I would need to navigate to My Files and browsing there is very cumbersome.

2.) Is formatting the T7 necessary? I was hoping to also use it to backup some files from my Windows laptop and I don't know if this is going to cause issues regarding format mismatches.
Format in exFAT and it will work both on PC and Android

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29