Screen protector?

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Headed to get an Acer 500. Will I need to look or a screen protector with the Gorilla Glass it's supposed to have?

Aaron C#AC

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I got a zagg. Waited a day before i put it on.....the naked screen is a fingerprimt magnet!!!!
The zagg really cuts down on the smudges.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I was going to get a Zagg from BestBuy. The reviews weren't that great, so I opted for one I found on Amazon. Waiting on it to be delivered.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
I was going to get a Zagg from BestBuy. The reviews weren't that great, so I opted for one I found on Amazon. Waiting on it to be delivered.

Which one did you get? I think I only came across one at Amazon that was a dry install. :)

JaimeInParker

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
To be honest with you - I am a ZAGG Snob - there isn't a device with a display in my house that doesn't have one (Acer, Blackberry, Digital Camera, wife's cell phone, son's cell phone & Acer) - they are indestructible (except if you rub one against another), and warrantied for life

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Did you get it yet? if so do you like it? I was thinking of ordering that one too.

I got it in the mail the other day. Since I had to return my Acer, I'm going to return the screen protector through Amazon. The screen protector came in the mail after the defective tablet I had was returned. I'm probably going to loose money on shipping cost perhaps.

itstheAtomBomb

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Screen protector??

To be honest with you - I am a ZAGG Snob - there isn't a device with a display in my house that doesn't have one (Acer, Blackberry, Digital Camera, wife's cell phone, son's cell phone & Acer) - they are indestructible (except if you rub one against another), and warrantied for life

I'm also a zagg snob, I ordered the Max coverage skin a week before I purchased the tablet, it came in today, just put it on. I am getting really good at this install thing now... I did 4 thunderbolts and an ipad last week.

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I got a screen protector off ebay and I hate the thing. It didn't come with any directions so I just had to guess if was supposed to be installed wet or dry. I tried dry but no matter how many times I wiped the screen off (with a microfiber towel) I kept getting crap on the sticky side. I finally rinsed if off under water and tried to reapply it. It actually still stuck just as well as it did dry but it looked like crap. I just pulled the Tab out again about 3 hours after apply the screen protector and it still looks like #$@!. If this thing's screen wasn't suck a fingerprint magnet I would just give up and rip the stupid thing off.

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

I got a screen protector off ebay and I hate the thing. It didn't come with any directions so I just had to guess if was supposed to be installed wet or dry. I tried dry but no matter how many times I wiped the screen off (with a microfiber towel) I kept getting crap on the sticky side. I finally rinsed if off under water and tried to reapply it. It actually still stuck just as well as it did dry but it looked like crap. I just pulled the Tab out again about 3 hours after apply the screen protector and it still looks like #$@!. If this thing's screen wasn't suck a fingerprint magnet I would just give up and rip the stupid thing off.

I looked at it agin this morning and it still looks terrible when the screen is off or black. With the display on it looks decent. You can still see the spots if you look at the right angle.

Asaroth2010

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site

myotherbrotherdarrell

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I tried applying mine again and got it looking a lot better. I can still see splotches when the screen is off/black but it looks a lot better when the screen is on now.
I remembered that the last wet-apply screen protector I used you were supposed to add a few drops of dish washing liquid to the water. I got really silly and used fabuloso instead and it looks a lot better now.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
That's the one I bought also, I just wish I had a cleanroom to install it in!!! No matter what I seem to get crud under it, :-\ I seems to just suc:eek:k it out of thin air lol:D

hehe... The first one I put on didn't look so good either, removed. You certainly have to make sure all fans are off and the air is still as can be. We are a 2 Iconia house and luckily the last 2 went on without a hitch.

A little trickier to install compared to the smaller cell phone screen protectors. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699