Typing on Kindle Fire HD 7"

supersi

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Don't know if anyone else has same problem. But as I type this post on my Kindle often words/ series of words repeat themselves.

This happens when I make a typing mistake (web forms, Kindle mail app, app forum posts etc...) and I attempt a correction. E.g. I misspell 'boat'as 'baot'.I tap just after the word, delete, and re-type the correction but get 'boat boat'. ! Just happened happened again. Here is the result...'but I Ido'.

I don't have auto-correct on but I do have
auto-suggestions showing.

Fenman

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Personally dont have a problem but KFHD has a new generation touchscreen "layer" (Will be in next generation iPads)

I find this more sensitive than other touchscreens I have used and took a bit of getting used to. Some people find using a "touch stylus" more precise.

Kim Andersen

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same problem with repeating words, and inserting random letter when I type on my Kindle Fire HD. Amazon has sent me three replacements now, and they all do the same thing. I have spent hours on the line with customer service trying all sorts of resets, and combinations of other things, to no avail. I am so relieved to read that some one else has this problem as well - I was beginning to think I was losing my mind !! I don't know what to do at this point. I'm feeling like Amazon has put out a defective product, but I don't know why I can find anybody else who has had the problem. The trouble shooters I've worked with over the phone have repeatedly told me that there have been no other reports of this problem. Somebody PLEASE advise!:(

Louie Butler

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My wife has the same trouble insert different letters when she is typing she really gets mad her first kindle
Fire worked just fine never any trouble with it and it all started with the kindle hd they do have a problem
Louie

sudee

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear of your problem but this has been an ongoing problem with the Kindle. I have an older one and had it for just over a year and hardly used when it started adding extra letters into what I was typing. Spend many hours on the phone with the tech dept. and nothing resolved the issues. Just more or less told me "too bad, your problem not ours". I will never buy another Kindle product or anything associated with this company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87