Are amoled burn in fixers safe?

orion36

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone. new member here sorry if this has been asked before. There are many fixes spoken about on here for amoled screens, but my question is are they safe. I've done some research that says it lowers the life span of your screen, or even may make it worse. I have a samsung galaxy s3 on kitkat with a little keyboard burn in that you can see on white backgrounds. Is it safe for the life of your amoled screens to run these amoled fixes. Anyone here think its safe. or unsafe and why. Thanks for any help

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They're not safe or unsafe, they're unnecessary. Your screen shutoff time shouldn't be more than 30 seconds, and that won't burn in. If you're not doing anything on the screen, or staring t the same screen for 15 minutes, why? The screen will stay lit as long as you're doing something, and that will prevent burn-in. (I have mine set to 15 seconds and very rarely have a problem. A shorter screen off time also saves battery.)

orion36

Jan 26, 2016
Visit site
The phone was handed down. Someone used the keyboard for facw book and messaging for hours on end. so the keyboard is a but burned. Should I let that go?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699