Is there a "video cast" app that I can download without using Google Play store?

yeto

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a LG L38c Optimus Dynamic and it is not capable of accessing the new Google Play store. Is there a "video cast" app that I can download from places like Mobile9, SlideMe, etc. that will work with my phone with Gingerbread 2.3.6? I would like to be able to cast stored videos on my phone to my Samsung TV.

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

yeto

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Since I can't open Google Play store on my phone if I find an app that is compatible with my phone "using my computer" in the Google Play store and I click download -- will Google download the app to my phone without me having to open Play Store on my phone?

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I doubt it. That would require a recent Google Play Services framework that your phone wouldn't have (also the reason you can't get the current version of the Play Store).

My reference before was to the "miracast" or other screen casting capabilities that would work with your Samsung TV, the requirements for that would not be present on your device because of the age of the OS. I doubt you could even get your phone to work with a Chromecast.